A Little Adventure With Dad

I called my mom this morning to see if she need to go to Sam's Club for anything. She asked me what I needed, and I said the new Harry Potter book, of course! I noticed that it was the cheapest place to get it (until I went into Walmart after and saw it was the same price). She said she didn't need to go there, so I called my dad. He said he needed to go, and he'd call me later.

So my dad calls me, and we go to Sam's. I get my book, he gets his coffee-mate stuff, and off we go to Walmart. I told him I wanted to go look at the beads (uh oh!!), and he said he'd wander over that way after he found a belt. I picked out some beads that have been selling quite well as necklaces and earrings that I've been making. I also got a birthday card for my cousin. So we get into line, and I put my stuff down behind my dad's stuff on the conveyor belt thingy. He picks up my stuff and puts it with his. I asked him what he as doing, and he didn't say anything to me! So I hand him my 10 bucks, and he just smirks at me like I'm nuts. Now, my mom does this to me quite often, buying something for me. But it's just not something my dad always does, and I found it a little endearing. I just put my money back in my wallet, and thanked him very much. I also told him I'd make him something pretty. lol

So now that I'm home, I'm off to my bedroom to get a little cooler (I finally turned the a/c on in there), and to read Harry Potter!! I must have questions answered for me, but I'm not sure how soon that will happen. The book is 652 pages!! I might be reading this for quite a while!

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
i cant wait toread it- but i will- as i have still 5 of the 7 books i just ordered yet to read Comment from maidothemist - 7/17/05 11:19 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day