We're In The Money...

It's hard to believe that a week ago, I was in Horseheads! I don't know where the week went, but it flew. Anyhow, here's one of the things I did while I was there!

My grandma had bought tickets to see the play, 42nd Street. It had been a while since I've even been to a play, and I hadn't seen that one. I had heard about it, but wasn't exactly sure what the storyline was about. So I was excited to go because my grandma doesn't always have an opportunity to bring her grandkids to something like this (she has over 25 grandkids, and several great-grandkids!), and I was going to see a play I hadn't seen before!

Saturday morning rolls around, and grandma announces she's got a sore throat that is not going away. So she is not sure about going to the play. However, she does decide to go to an outdoor festival thing going on in downtown Elmira (coincidentally across the street from where we'd be seeing the play). When we got back home, she definitely decides that she is not going to the play. How frustrating and disappointing! Of course, I can't blame her for not going. I wouldn't either if I wasn't feeling too well. So, she decides to ask my Aunt Dolores. Now, Dolores is a wonderful aunt. She is mentally challenged, but she is her own independent person. And sometimes she is just so funny! She enjoys the little things in life that most people take for granted. So she was very excited to be going to the play with 3 of her nieces!

So the 4 of us get to the theater, and we're quite impressed! Grandma managed to get tickets that were about 5 rows from the stage! Yay grandma!! The show begins about 10 minutes after we are seated, and I have to say that it was pretty entertaining. The tap dancing alone was amazing! I haven't seen tap dancing performed live, and it was really cool to see it! I didn't recognize any of the songs until they started singing "We're In The Money." Of course, then I had it in my head all night!! But the show was wonderful, and I thanked my grandma several times for buying tickets! I only wish she could have come!

After the show, Dolores and I waited outside for my cousin to get the van to pick us up. As we waited, we started recognizing some of the faces of people coming out of the building. They were actors in the play!! Dolores was amazed! We said congratulations to most of them, and it was just exciting! My aunt said to me, "Now you can tell your mom you met some movie stars!" Of course, they weren't movie stars, but to her they were! She really got a kick out of seeing the performers from the show we had just seen. It was awesome to see her reaction!

The play was really great, and I'm glad I got a chance to see it. It's always fun going to see a show! I just love watching and listening to how talented the actors are, and I've always wished I could be like them. In my next life, I want to be a performer and singer! lol

As for right now, I must figure out how to get We're In The Money out of my head!!

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
Thanks, it's in my head now. Along with the rest of the score! Comment from luvmort - 10/4/05 2:28 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day