A Wonderful Gift!

About a year ago, a PHriend asked for some help regarding her medication, and I was able to help her out. She was so grateful that she wanted to do something for me. I knew she loved to paint watercolors, and some of the ones I'd seen were so beautiful! She sent me her website, and after asking about one of the pictures I really liked, she told me that it was already taken. So I asked her if she might be able to create a painting of red sunflowers, something I've wanted for soooooo long. She said she'd love to do it!

She spent many months working on it, worried the whole time that I might be getting frustrated because she was taking so long. I told her it was absolutely no problem! I know what it's like living with PH. Some days are good, some are bad. So I wasn't worried about it! Finally, after several months, she emailed me and said she had it finished! She said she was nervous because she wasn't sure how I'd like it. It came in the mail about a week later, and I absolutely LOVED it!! It was such a huge painting, but I was very excited about putting it up somewhere and admiring it!

I was also very happy because my PHriend got back into painting again because of me. She hadn't painted in quite some time, and my painting was the first one she did that got her back into it. I've seen several of her new paintings, and they are just as lovely as the one she created for me. I'm so happy to have helped her in that respect!

Anyway, the next step was to find a frame for my painting, which wasn't going to be very easy! I needed a frame that was at least 24x36! I finally found one before the holidays at Target, but I didn't have the money right away, so I waited. Eventually the frame was gone. UGH. But on a shopping trip to the Target on the Boulevard, I found it again! So my mom got it for me as a Christmas gift, from her and Lisa. I was sooo happy!!

After getting the frame, I realized I had to buy a matte board for it. When I finally got it, Mandy said she'd cut it for me. I brought the painting over, and she then realized if she cut a hole in the center of the matte board, the sides would be rather thin that she was afraid it might rip. Soooo the decision was made to glue the painting on top of the matte board. She only had rubber cement, which she couldn't breathe because she's pregnant. I took it all home with me, and after a week, eventually decided just to do it myself. Yes, I am hardheaded! lol But I got it done, and after 2 days, I finally had my beautiful painting from my wonderful PHriend in the frame, and then on the wall!! So here are some pics that show my painting. They aren't the best pics, but it gives an idea as to what I get to look at every day. I thanked my PHriend so very much once again after putting the painting up for creating such a wonderful piece. I truly love it!! :)


*UGH, pictures are currently not being posted, so I will try posting them later!!*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day