Still Pondering

Just as I was almost ready to make a decision on the stuff I've been trying to figure out in the last several weeks, another discussion with some people made me rethink things yet again. I'm not as upset about everything as I was when all this started. Things will work out the way they are meant to be, it's just taking a lot more time than I thought it would trying to work it all out.

Last weekend, the temps "warmed" into the 30s. I had wanted to go out with my parents to Sam's Club and Wegman's to get stuff for Mittens on Saturday, but it ended up snowing quite a bit, and it was just too bad out to drive there. So, we went on Sunday. We got to Sam's Club, and as I waited for my mom to pay a bill, I discovered from watching one of their 20 tv displays that the club had free wifi. I took out my new phone to figure out how to hook up to it, and I did! As if I really need to look things up in the middle of Sam's Club, but I thought it was cool! We wandered around the store, getting the various things we were looking for (I buy Mittens' litter here), and got into one of the many long lines. I was surprised at how many people were still out and about considering it was Superbowl Sunday, but maybe they were all getting stuff before the big game!

We piled back into the van and made our way to Wegman's (which is where I get Mittens' food). I took out my phone to see if the store had wifi, and guess what? It did! As if I'd need to look something up in the middle of the pasta aisle! My mom got her prescriptions, we got into line to pay for our things, and then we were off again. We drove closer to home and stopped at the Family Dollar store (boooo, no wifi) for a few things my parents had seen on sale in their ad, and then they dropped me off at my house so I could try resting for a bit before going to their house for dinner.

I took a nap with Mittens for a little bit, and then went to my parents. We enjoyed some yummy roasted chicken from Sam's, and then I watched a little tv with my dad before my mom and I headed to the movies. We got there, and boy was the theater dead! Not too many people were out to see a movie considering that there was a huge football game on tv! We saw "The King's Speech." When I first started seeing previews for the movie, I thought, naaaa, not my type of movie. But then it was getting many good reviews, and by the time it was nominated for a bunch of Oscars, I decided I'd like to see it. When I had asked my mom over a week ago if it was something she'd like to see, she hesitantly said yes, and I said I'd go with her. My mom often wants to see movies that I really have no interest in, so she was actually happy that I wanted to go! I'm glad we did! After we fought over seats in the theater (kidding, we were the only ones in there at first lol), we watched the film, which was actually quite enjoyable! I really think it'll win most of the Oscars it was nominated for, if not all. I'm glad we went, especially on a night where we didn't have to worry about crowds!

Monday I had to get bloodwork done, and my mom and I had planned the night before to go shopping at a few stores since it was supposed to be in the mid-30s, and I'd be able to tolerate it better than the mid-teen temps for the rest of the week. But, when I called her after bloodwork to let her know I'd pick her up shortly, she said she didn't feel too good. I was disappointed at first, but actually relieved, since I was in a lot of pain for some reason. So, I picked up a med at Rite Aide, went to the credit union, and then headed home. I did take a Tylenol, but it took awhile for it to kick in, and I thought that if we had gone out shopping, I would've been miserable.

Yesterday, I exercised for about half an hour or so, walking 3/4 of a mile on the treadmill. I usually don't go that long, but I felt pretty good! I did some weights, too. Today, I only did 1/4 of a mile, but I thought it was better than doing nothing. I had a bit of a headache for some reason while walking, so I just didn't push it. After taking it easy for awhile after, I made some peanut butter & chocolate chip muffins, which ended up tasting SO good! I'm not always a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, so I'm really glad I like these!! I used natural peanut butter, which has only 3 grams of sugar per serving, so I thought that would work great, considering the recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. lol So, I'll end this post with the recipe for anyone who would like to try them out!

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Muffins

2/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons margarine -- melted
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk
1 cup (6-ounces) chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and margarine until well blended.

Mix in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Combine flour with baking powder and baking soda.

Add to peanut butter mixture along with milk and chocolate chips. Mix well. Spoon into 12 lined muffin tins.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.

Enjoy! My phriend who shared this with me said they freeze well, which is good for me since I might eat them all in a couple of days. That is NOT good. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day