Bookworm

When I was younger, I was an avid reader. I could go to the library and check out the max number of books (maybe like 5-7?? can't even remember!), and spend the next week or two reading all of them. I could read for hours at a time. Sometimes I'd finish a book in a day. I totally loved to read fiction, sometimes biographies, thrillers. It didn't really matter too much!

In the past several years, I've really gotten bad with reading. I just don't seem to make time for it. It might take me quite a few months to finish a book, especially if I'm not totally into it. I feel guilty starting a book and not finishing it if I don't like it. lol So then it'll take me much longer to read it so I can move on to another!

So I decided to try and make it a goal to read more this year. Not a resolution, because I don't do resolutions, but a goal. So far I've got one book finished! 


Michael Jackson wrote this book in the '80s, and some of it was rather eye-opening. He talked about his life at the point of being an entertainer with his family. All the struggles they faced, what he saw behind the scenes, how difficult it was to make the albums of Thriller and Bad. I've always been a huge Michael Jackson fan, and so I found it an interesting read!

So, on to my next book, which I started a few nights ago!


If you don't know anything about the novels of Jodi Picoult, know this: they are mostly about topics that are controversial or eye-opening, and the endings can be downright devastating. I have literally bawled my eyes out reading two of her books (My Sister's Keeper and Handle With Care), and a couple of them have shocked me. So I'm looking forward to seeing what this one will do to me! It's about a teenage boy with Asperger's syndrome, with a penchant for forensic analysis. His diagnosis has caused family life to be sort of rocky at times over the years with his mom and his younger brother. I really like the book so far, which means I hope I won't be lingering over it for months, and finish it within at least a couple weeks!

On that note, my bed and bedroom should both be warm and toasty by now so I can get my pajamas on and read for awhile before drifting off to La-la Land!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day