And There Went February!

Well, technically there is still one more day tomorrow, but February certainly went by quick! It also wasn't as horrible as I was expecting, like last year. I hope in years to come, I will no longer see February as an awful month, because it wasn't this year. In fact, I had a lot of good things happen this month, no matter how big or little they were. From a few movie dates, either with my boyfriend or myself, to dinners, to an aquarium birthday party (YAY! I love fish!), February was for the most part doable. 

The biggest blessing I found for myself this year? MASSAGES. I have gone twice, and I am signed up for a third massage this Wednesday. I found out last month that some medical costs are making it more affordable for me to include getting a massage about every two weeks. The first one was very nice, but gosh I was so sore, but after a few days that settled. What else has settled an awful lot from massage? My anxiety!! The first massage, after maybe 3 days of having it, I realized I wasn't anxious. And I wasn't for several days after that! And on days when I did have some anxiety, I was able to ease out of it a little easier. It's made me hopeful, even on a day like today when my anxiety was pretty bad for half the day. I'm looking forward to Wednesday very much! It's at least making me feel like I don't need to make changes to the anxiety meds I am taking, at least not for now. 

I've also been enjoying making cards for elderly people for a website I found in December. The organization is called Letters Against Isolation. Every two weeks, you can pick a facility (or more than one) to send greeting cards. You can make them yourself, or like I do, you can buy blank cards and add stickers or drawings to them. I'm currently working on some cards for March. I have to take my time with them because my right hand, shoulder and whole chest wall have been acting up for months, and when they get overused, I am in discomfort. So, I do a few cards at a time to make it a little less hurtful! Can't wait to send the next batch out soon! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day