Long Day

It's been a long day. And I really didn't do anything. I've been dog-sitting, since my family went to a wedding out of town yesterday. Shelby is a cutie, and I love her, but I am just not cut out to take care of a dog! I am definitely a cat person. I don't have to worry about Mittens needing to use the bathroom or when he needs to be fed. And I don't have to entertain him constantly. Shelby, on the other hand, is sooooo different. She woke me up at 5:30 this morning to go outside. Unfortunately, I don't have a fenced in yard, so I had to go with her. Oy! Then, after being out for over 10 minutes, and watching her pee 3 times, she came back in and peed on my blanket. Oy!! She peed on my comforter yesterday afternoon, too. Ugh!! My mom thinks she has a bladder infection. Ya think??? Anyway, Shelby has been pretty good this afternoon, I have to admit. I'm going to take her back down to my mom's in a little while.

Besides watching the dog, and finding out about my friend's father, I haven't felt good at all today. My ear was totally hurting, which is silly since I've been on an antibiotic for it for 5 days now. Maybe it just decided to hurt today, I don't know. So, I did manage a nap, and I made Shelby take one, too.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. I can go up and see my little niece!! Mandy and Ron wanted today to themselves, no visitors. That is because today was their one year anniversary. It's hard to believe they've been married a year, and even harder to believe they have a baby. But Hailey is so damn cute, and I'm very happy for them. So much has changed in their lives, and they definitely consider themselves a team. I hope that never changes for them.

Well, guess I better take Shelby for a walk. I won't say that word out loud until I'm ready. She LOVES that word! And I better do it soon, because Mittens keeps stalking Shelby. He hates that she's been here the whole time. I feel like I've been babysitting 2 kids since yesterday! LOL

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
Oh, the joys of parenting! LOL. Your niece is such a little teeny weeny cutie!!! Congratulations on being an aunt! Stop by:http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee Comment from cyndygee - 6/30/05 1:43 AM

My cat used to love dogs. I think she thought she was one. Comment from luvmort - 6/28/05 5:12 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day