A Dilemma

I'm in love with spider plants. I have always liked the look of them, especially because they can just grow so big, mass produce babies, and you can plant their offspring or just throw them out.

So, call me crazy, but I may have to get rid of one of mine, and it's making me sad.

It wouldn't be so bad, if I hadn't had the plant for over 6 years now. You see, this plant was given to me as a baby itself when I was working at Headstart. The dear teacher across the hall from me gave me this baby spider plant as a little something for my apartment that I had just moved into. This teacher is the one and only Maidothemist! Sue, can you believe I still have this plant?? I think it's produced at least 200 offspring, and I'm not even kidding!! Unfortunately, I only have 2 other really good places to hang more plants, and they are currently occupied by 2 babies from the original Momma Spiderplant. And boy, did those suckers grow already!

So, why am I sad? Ok. Poor Momma Spiderplant is starting to wear thin. It looks like it has seen better days. It's not as lively as it used to be, and not growing as many kids, either. It does currently have one new shoot protruding up into the ceiling, but who knows what it will produce. I am wondering if I should just....get rid of it. *gulp* It's that time of year when I have to re-pot the plants, and I just don't know if it's worth it to try and save Momma Spiderplant. At the same time....that plant has lasted me 6 years so far!! I KEPT A PLANT ALIVE FOR 6 YEARS!!!!!????

I am going to think on this for a bit. Because quite frankly, I don't have the energy to re-pot anything right now. Well, I don't mean right now as in, right this minute. It's almost midnight for goodness sake's, I'm not about to give some plants some new dirt outside in the dark. That's just crazy talk! Speaking of dirt....I have to go out and buy some potting soil. Another reason why I'm not doing anything about the plants yet.
Anyhow, I shall post what I do about my dilemma when I finally decide. It might be a while. I don't get motivated when it comes to dirt, I hate gardening! lol

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
OMG dont throw it away! If you decide you dont want to do the work give it to me and let me do it. I'm willing to give it a shot! That was my last year teaching ya know. And probably the last time I HAD a plant. That plant is as old as Aaron. ~Sooz Comment from maidothemist - 5/19/05 12:12 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day