A Couple Of Thoughts

I guess I must really be getting a new housemate! I had my doubts for a couple days, and then tonight my mom said she didn't have Diane's number, and she hadn't heard from her either. But about a half an hour after that, my doorbell rang. It was about 8:30, and I was wondering who the heck it could be, since I had just talked to my mom. Well, it was Diane! She showed up with the rent check! It's official, I have a new housemate!!

Diane came in for a little bit, met Mittens and fell in love (did I mention she's a huge animal lover??), asked about my jewelry, asked a few questions, and then left after I gave her the keys. I think I'm going to like having her live here. She is really nice. And she has already offered to take care of Mittens whenever I'm out of town. Very cool! :)

I had rehab today, and it went ok. I'm a little sore in my arms. I think I used the arm cycle a bit too long! I'm liking the people there, but it's going to take me a bit to learn the names. One lady reminds me so much of my one aunt, and I can't figure out why! I want to call her Mary Alice, but she is Sherry. lol I met a few other RTs, and I really liked them. It's too bad they don't always have the same shifts! But at least I'm getting to meet everyone there!

I have to start getting ready to go away this weekend. My family is going to Horseheads, NY. That is where my mom grew up, and that is where they are having a big reunion of sorts. It's the 30th anniversary of my Grandpa K.'s death, and everyone is coming to remember. I was only 2 when he passed, so sadly I didn't really know him. I've heard all the stories about him over the years, so it does feel like I got to know him a little! I'm excited to see so many family I haven't seen in years. My mom's family is just huge. My Grandma K. had 11 children! I have 8 aunts, and 2 uncles. I believe everyone will be there, except for maybe one aunt, who has had some really bad issues with the family in the past several years. No one knows if she is going to show up. I kinda want her to, because I want to see if there will be drama. LOL! I know, that is bad!

Well, off to bed. I need to do a bunch of stuff tomorrow, and I need the rest! I hate packing and trying to figure out everything to bring! lol

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like Diane will be a great housemate:)) I am happy for you & Mittens:)

Hope you have a great time with the family...Enjoy yourself..

Don't overwork yourself at rehab..
Did you go out for Starbucks today??
Take care..Talk to ya soon..

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day