Weekend's Gone Already

It's hard to believe that it's already Sunday night, and the weekend is almost over. My weekend was relaxing, for the most part. Today, I went to church with my mom, and then just hung out most of the afternoon in my bedroom with the laptop and the cat. It was so warm and humid here today. I don't usually complain, but the humidity was making me sleepy! And being in the frigid A/C at church made me even sleepier. So I just read stuff online, took a nap, read some of my book (I started The Kite Runner, it's so interesting!). I had dinner and watched a bit of tv, before deciding to go back into the bedroom to hang out before bed. I got in there, and the floor was soaked! I had left my windows wide open, and we started getting really strong winds here from Ike, and I didn't realize it was also raining. So I had to mop up the water with a roll of paper towels, and I got rather SOB! Grrrrr!!! I think I'll be going to bed a bit earlier tonight because of it!

Saturday, I spent the day working on a necklace set for Eve's mom, who wanted it as a Christmas gift for someone. I also went through a bunch of my CDs, and ripped songs off of them to put on my laptop. I know I didn't want many songs on it, but now I have over 350. lol Oh well, I enjoy music too much!! In the evening, my parents, Joan, and I brought a pizza and wings over to Mandy's house. Her hubby went camping with a couple guys, so she was alone with the kids for the weekend. It was a nice time there! We had dinner, watched the kids play around, and we played a few games in the Wii. We left around 7:30ish, and stopped at Tops. I didn't want to go in at first, b/c I was so tired at Mandy's for some reason. But I just decided to go and get a few groceries. I felt like I didn't get much, and I still need to get more fruits and veggies. So I need to go to the other grocery store at some point when I have the time.

Friday was fun, and very busy! I had to go to the eye doc at 1:15, but I left around 12:30 to get a few things at Walmart first. Got to the eye doc on time, and he was actually not running late like he usually does! I was surprised when he was checking my vision and he told me my eyes are still the same. I was happy about that! I still have one box of contacts left from the last time I went. They are so darn expensive, I hate to waste!! My eye doc also asked me if I could come to his other office in Lewiston, to take a picture of my eyes. When I asked why, he said that since I've been nearsighted for close to 3 decades, he wanted to make sure there are no tears (as in rips) or anything like that. So I said ok, and I will see him again this Tuesday!

I left the doctor's and went to Mandy's for about an hour. She needed to pay my niece's tuition for preschool (which she loves, but she's already sick from, poor kid!), and so I stayed while she was gone. For all of 10 minutes. lol But I stayed for a bit long to see new pendants Mandy made, and to watch a show with my niece. Then I was off to Target!

I needed new black boots for the winter, since the ones I've had for over 10 years finally cracked. I had saved $45 in babysitting money to buy boots, which was the limit I had. I refused to spend any more than that, and if I could actually spend less, that would be even better! I started walking toward the shoe section, when I stopped near the workout section. I saw zip-up hooded sweatshirts that I've been wanting in white for so long!! I was excited! I looked to see the sizes, and they had one for me. I noticed they were $20. I decided to look at boots before I made any decisions on buying the sweatshirt. So I got to the shoe section, and started browsing. I found two pairs of boots I rather liked, tried them on, and narrowed it down to the one pair that is ankle high, and rather warm! And the best part was, they were $25!! That meant I had $20 leftover, and I could also buy that sweatshirt! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I was so happy, since I hardly ever get to buy stuff for myself! I made my purchases and headed home!

My mom called me as I got in the door. She wanted to tell me about the lady who came to see the apartment. I guess she is nice, of course that doesn't say much to me. She has a job, and a car, and was asking my mom if she might be able to have a pet. I don't know how long they were over here, but my mom said she should know Monday whether she wants it. I'm feeling so-so about it. It needs to be rented. I am pretty sure my mom hasn't asked for any type of background check, so I will be keeping my door locked at all times!!

Friday night, I went out for dessert with Eve and Erin. It was soooo nice to be hanging out with them! Erin's had a rough time recently, and she needed the night out with her gals. We enjoyed fabulous desserts from Muscoreils, where we usually like to have dinner. Then after awhile, we decided Erin needed a drink, so we drove to The Wine Bar for one. I don't know what they put in our martinis, but all three of us were buzzing. I didn't even finish mine, and I instead I downed 2 glasses of water. I felt better after that! We stayed for a couple hours, and then we went home. We had a nice time together, and it's so awesome to know we can do this ANY time now!!

I have been thinking about my phriends down in Texas this weekend. I know Sheila and Jen are ok, but I am so sad in knowing Jen might not have a house to go back to, since the town she lives in was a disaster area, and they weren't letting people back in. My prayers are with them, and I hope they get to go home soon!! I am relieved to know they are at least safe.

That was my weekend. I have a busy Monday and Tuesday already planned, and then Saturday a bunch of us are going to celebrate my birthday (which is Wednesday) by eating, drinking, and bowling! I am excited, and can't wait to go! I better get to bed now, though, since I have to babysit tomorrow, and make a lot of phone calls about different things. Good night!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day