Piling Up Thoughts!

I haven't really written too much since Wednesday. I've just been busy! So here are some recaps:

Thursday, Mandy called to ask if I would like to be her son's godmother. Awww!! I am honored that she's asked! I called the rectory today to ask for a letter from the priest, which is needed in the Catholic church in order to be a godparent. I am also Eve's son's godmother. I feel blessed to be godmother to these little ones. And I just realized that they are both to boys. Hmmmm, maybe that means I can whip them into shape if they are acting up!

Thursday was also laundry day, and a little bit of cleaning day, too. I got quite a bit done, and rewarded myself with a little nap in the afternoon. It felt good to wash all the stuff I needed to!

Friday was laundry day, round 2. I washed the bedding, and put it all back on the bed very slowly. I kinda did it in parts. A little here, the next round a bit later. After it was all done, I took a much needed nap! I needed the energy, and I'm glad I did nap, since Eve and I went shopping after she got out of work! She wanted to buy me a new outfit for my birthday, and she ended up spending way too much!! It even got to the point where I was trying not to pick things up, because she would ask me if I liked it, and if I sorta said yes, she'd throw it on the pile. lol We went to a few stores, and I tried on several pair of jeans, and they were just not fitting me right!! Finally, after another pair of jeans failed to fit me in another store, I asked the sales girl if she could help. She came up with a pair of jeans that were petite and curvy. I apprehensively tried them on. Lo and behold, they fit!! And Eve said sold!! Off we went after that to the Boulevard mall, and after eating at a huge buffet, we went to a few more stores. I got another pair of jeans, and Eve bought herself a couple things. In all, it was a very good time hanging out with her. It's hard to believe she's actually back here for good!! I still don't think it's hit either of us!

Saturday morning/afternoon, I was at my mom's house for a garage sale. I wasn't even expecting to sell anything, but I made $13! I left to take a nap in the afternoon, and then got ready to go to dinner and bowling for my birthday! The restaurant was good, although the cooks forgot about our order, and it just took forever. We got 25 free chicken wings, though! After dinner, my dad left the table, and came back about 5 minutes later with a huge cookie from Sam's Club. I mean, it was huge! Everyone sang Happy Birthday, and I cut the cookie up. I still have a lot leftover, and I think I need to put it in the freezer! lol

After opening some really nice gifts, we headed across the street to bowl!! It was a blast! None of us has bowled in years, but it was so much fun. I think the best bowling entertainment of the night was my sister, Joan, though. She was hysterical! By the 2nd game, she was basically playing I Don't Give A Crap bowling. She would roll it, kick it, even threw it backwards. She skipped up to the lane one time! The best, though, was when she picked up the ball, and Ron told her to just throw it before reaching the lane, and she did. It hit the lane with a huge crashing sound, and we were all laughing so hard that I don't even know if she knocked anything down! LOL! I actually woke up in the middle of the night after that, and started laughing out loud because I had dreamt her doing that. lol It was better than my accidental throw of the ball backwards, and not down the lane!! I'm glad I decided to bowl!

Yesterday was a very blah day. I got up for church, went, got prescriptions, stopped at my mom's for a bit, went home and took a long nap, and then made a necklace and uploaded pictures. Not too exciting!

Today, I shopped with birthday money! I went to Walmart and got a George Foreman grill, socks and undies, slippers, shampoo and batteries. Then I stopped at Mufflerman to see if my muffler needed replacing, which it did, and was greatly relieved that it was free since I had my receipt from the last muffler I got 4 years ago. Whoooo hooo!! After that, I drove across the street and bought 2 new betta fish! I went to Mandy's for about half an hour, and my niece helped me name one of the fish. It is Dorothy. So Mandy named the other one Toto! Then I decided to go home instead of Target. I was really surprised I wasn't tired or needing a nap! I think I was just in a good mood! I made a piece of chicken in my new grill, and it turned out awesome! I can't wait to try other things in it!! I spent the evening watching tv, and chatting. I must soon go to bed since I start pulmonary rehab tomorrow at 11!!

The only other thing I wanted to mention was that I closed a chapter of my life on Friday with an email to someone who thought we could still remain friends. After he hurt me badly, and telling him so, and saying I couldn't keep the friendship open, he emailed me back. I didn't read it. I deleted it, and then permanently deleted it so I wouldnt't be tempted to go back into the deleted folder and read it anyway. I figured if he had to email me back one last time (his email subject said "The Last One"), he had no respect for my feelings. I'm sure he said stuff to make him look like a saint, and me look like an ass. Who knows. I just didn't want to read it if he had to email me back with a title like that. So, the chapter is closed, and I will never re-open it. I really find it a shame that I don't even care at this point. At least I don't right now. Maybe I will later on. Again, who knows!

And now, off to bed!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Colleen,
Wow, you have been a busy girl since I have been away:))
Good for you, I am glad you closed that chapter!!

Sounds like shopping was fun and have a bite of that cookie for me;))
Take care..
Love & Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day