Goodbye, Grandma

 2021 keeps marching on, and it's still surreal to know my Mom isn't here anymore. To add another punch in the gut to this fucktastic year, my Grandma K, my Mom's mother, died last week. Although Grandma was 98, and lived a pretty full life, I truly believe that the loss of my Mom was too much for her to take. Fourteen weeks to the day my Mom died, on a Tuesday morning, my Grandma died, on a Tuesday evening. She was surrounded by much of her family at home, where she truly wanted to be when she died, after spending weeks in a hospital and a rehab facility. A week after they finally allowed her to go home to be at peace, she went to heaven. I am pretty darn sure that she was greeted by my Mom, my Grandpa K, and so many more who went before her years ago. I am saddened that she is gone, but I am relieved that she is no longer in pain physically or emotionally. 

 My Dad, Mandy, Lisa and I were able to drive to Horseheads, NY, this past weekend for my Grandma's services. It was the first time we'd seen any of my Mom's family for quite some time, since we had a private service for my Mom back in March due to covid restrictions. The funeral was beautiful, the eulogy given by my Uncle Paul was sweet and informational (so many things I didn't know about Grandma, or forgot!), and the luncheon afterward was both joyful and painful. I am glad that we were able to be there. I hope that many of them are able to attend a celebration of my Mom's life whenever Canada opens and we can have Rick's family there, too. But, I don't know when that will be. It's rather frustrating. 

Anyway, before we headed back home, we went to Grandma's house for probably the last time ever. Lisa, Mandy and I walked the entire house, upstairs, side porch, basement, looking at things and remembering so many years of being there. It was kind of like a second home. I will actually miss it. I do not know what Grandma's family is going to do with the house, but I am sure it probably won't be kept for any reason. I guess I will hear at some point. I am just glad we did decide to go there one last time 

I am so ready for this year to be over. Six more months to go. I pray that nothing, NOTHING, else happens to our family. I don't know how much more loss I can take. 








Comments

Sule said…
Have happy new year.Although it a little bir late i send you my condoleances for your mom and grandmamy.Its incredible not to see them around as before.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day