I'm Hitting The Road!

My mom and I are leaving tomorrow for a mini-vacation! We are going to Horseheads, NY, where my mom grew up. It's going to be a great time, since many of my aunts and uncles are going to be there as well. My Aunt Jane and Uncle Bob are both turning 50 this year, and their daughter, Ryhan, is throwing them a surprise party on Sunday! She's been planning this for over a year, and apparently they have NO CLUE!! So that's the biggest reason my mom and I are going. My mom comes from a family of 11 children, eight sisters and two brothers. All of them are going to be there except for two sisters. One lives in Arizona, and that's just a bit much to go for a weekend. And one just isn't really involved with the family anymore. But I'm so excited to see everyone else, and my grandma!! She is 84, and still kicking pretty good! You wouldn't even know she's 84, she looks like she's in her late 60s! That is why I look like I'm 12! I get my young genes from my mom's side of the family for sure! hehe

So I'm off to bed soon, so I get enough rest for the trip. It's not that long a drive (about 3 hours), but I stress out sometimes when driving with my mom (making it a 4 hour trip with her). lol I'll be back some time on Monday!! :) :)

Comments

Nita said…
Hey Colleen, I know you will have a wonderful time with your family. Just reading about it, I am excited and wished to be part of your family ;-) You deserve it. Nice photo of your friend, sorry he got ill!
paula54 said…
Hi Colleen. Hope you had a great time with your family. We sure missed you in chat! How nice to see a picture of Euan! Hope he's doing okay. Take care,

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day