Trying To Post Positives

Today was a decent day. Today I did my best, and I am proud of myself. I made a necklace set for a phriend who asked for a certain color before I went to volunteer at the nursing home. I took a couple pictures of it so I could send it to her through Facebook, and later on, she told me she loved it. Yay! Whenever I get her check, I will send it out to her! I'm glad she asked me to make it. I love it when people have requests. I got another request this morning from another phriend, for a shot glass. I will have to work on that this weekend!

Volunteering was good today. I did a room visit with one of the ladies that works in the Activities Room, and then went back to Activities. A resident, Jimmy, was there. Usually he is waiting for me to play a game with him. So I asked about Blackjack. We played that for about an hour before he went back to his room. There were a bunch of other residents in the room after awhile, and I helped some of them do puzzles and play a game. Just chatting with them about anything is nice, too. I've learned some old stories about the city, and I'm sure some very made up stories, too. lol  One of the ladies was so ornery today, very loud and shouting a lot. She didn't want anything to do with anyone! She had a cup of pop and at one point she threw it toward the lady I was working with and got it all over a calendar that is supposed to be going up in the main hall next month! Thankfully it wasn't totally ruined. But eventually we had to call someone to get her because she was just being so disruptive and couldn't calm down. Not too sure what was up with that, but I do like to blame things like this on the full moon! It's coming tomorrow!

I stopped by the credit union on my way home and chatted with my Joanie for a bit. Well, kinda chatted. I talked a bit, she was doing some work, then I played a game on my phone. lol I eventually left to go home and make dinner. I looked up a recipe for homemade turkey burgers since I bought some meat on Sunday. I'd never made them fresh before, so I thought, why not? They weren't too bad! I had a nice salad and hash browns with them, and pickles. Dinner was a little late, but that was ok. I watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy afterward, then cleaned a little before watching Grey's. Tonight is a rest night since I don't go to yoga.

I was pretty bummed to find out Prince died today. It was a shock to everyone really, especially since he was only 57! There wasn't a reason announced as to why he passed, but he was supposedly sick with the flu last weekend. It'll be interesting if anything is said otherwise. I loved so much of his music! Many a night I danced at a song or two of his in the clubs back in the day! He'll definitely be missed by many!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day