I Blinked, Then It Was October!



Wasn't it just September 1st?? The month that brings the last few weeks of the dog days of Summer, and then ushers us into the crispness of Fall?? I swear, this year September just flew by with a blink of an eye, and today it's October!! I'm always sad when Fall starts, even though it seems everyone around me is giddy with excitement. Fall means colder days are ahead, and I'll be pretty much spending my days from now until late spring in long underwear since my circulation is not that great!! lol

I'm trying to have a better attitude about the long Winter days coming ahead, especially since I don't think we'll be as lucky as the past couple years with "warmer" days that allowed me to get out a lot more than usual during the cold season. I keep hearing and reading rumors that we'll get a bitter winter with more snow, but of course, that remains to be seen. Getting out a lot the last couple winters helped me some with anxiety that didn't allow me to relax, but since anxiety has been somewhat better, I am just trying to welcome myself to the fact that cold, wintry days can bring projects I keep meaning to work on, and new things I'd like to do. I've had a pile of pictures from decades that are sitting on my office floor collecting dust that I really want to put into albums. So, I can definitely work on that, and have fun reminiscing!! I also would like to paint rocks since that seems to be a big thing nowadays around some parts of the country. People hide and find rocks all over the place, and in this area, there is a Facebook group called Sweet Buffalo Rocks where you can post pictures of your findings. I actually found a rock last week as I left the nursing home! I was so excited! I ended up taking it home for a day, and then I left it at the hospital when I went for rehab. I'm guessing someone has picked it up by now, but I can check to see tomorrow!! 


This month, I will continue to be working on jewelry and glass items for any craft shows I can find. I was lucky to find out about one that will be on October 14th at a fire hall, and the cost for the table was cheap enough so that if I didn't happen to sell anything, I wouldn't lose much money. Last year, I tried twice to sell stuff at a craft show at a high school, and it amounted to me spending lots of money and making less than half back. So, I'll try a few different places if I hear about them, and also try to get more proactive with my Etsy store! I have tons of painted stuff and some newly made necklaces, but I just hate taking pictures of everything and then posting them in the store. But, how am I supposed to try selling anything if I don't do that?? lol I need to get on it!!

Well, it's that time of night when I need to get myself relaxed and sleepy. Tomorrow will be rehab in the morning, errands and working on jewelry in the afternoon, and yoga tomorrow evening. A full day, but hopefully a good one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day