Saturday Happenings

Another summer-like day in October happened today, and that was alright with me! I am loving this weather, although I am very aware that it will end soon enough. I haven't yet switched over my wardrobe, and plastic hasn't been sealed up over the windows. I'm still hoping I can hold off on that for another couple weeks. We'll see!

Today, I had a PH support group meeting. I've sort of lost count of how long I've run this support group, but I know it's well over 10 years. I enjoy having meetings, because I get to see my phriends! But, I REALLY enjoy the meetings where I have a speaker, which I've had for almost all the meetings this year. It's very hard to come up with new topics after having a support group for so long, especially when not too many new people show up, or come once and then never again. I have repeated a few topics, but there are still a few that I haven't had at all. So, I need to prepare for next year's meetings soon so I can figure out what to come up with, and who can talk!

After the meeting, I went to a few stores to wander around. I thought I was going to buy some stuff, but I didn't end up getting anything except for a few food items at Trader Joe's. They have the cheapest plain Kefir, so I always buy that whenever I'm in the area! I wanted to hang out at Barnes & Noble and just enjoy a drink and people-watch, but I had leftover salad in my car from the meeting, and I didn't want that to wilt. Sooooo, after Trader Joe's, it was off for home!

I relaxed at home for awhile, made dinner, and got ready to go to a fashion show that my friend had invited me to at the old Niagara Falls high school. It's now called the NACC, which is an art building with an art gallery and home to a bunch of artists with studios. I was excited about going, even though I wasn't sure I was gonna go, but when I left and got down there (it's like 5 minutes from home), there wasn't anywhere to park. Unless I wanted to park far and trek a distance to the building. I was already kinda tired, and the thought of becoming short of breath and exhausted just from walking TO the building didn't appeal to me. I was very disappointed. So, I went back home. I spent about an hour online doing a survey, and then I worked on some jewelry. Not really how I wanted to spend the evening, but not much I could do about it. Unless I tried to park on the lawn, and I really didn't want a ticket for that. lol

Tomorrow will be filled with football, possibly painting or jewelry, and maybe another event that will hopefully have a better parking situation!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

Lost