Worst Storm Ever

In my last entry, I mentioned the fact that we got snow. It's been 2 weeks since I wrote that, but I have to describe the aftermath of that snow.

Here in lovely Niagara Falls, I woke up to a trace of snow on the ground. It was gone within a couple hours, and life seemed to be normal. Until I started watching the news. In the surrounding towns and villages around NF, there was up to as much as 2 feet of snow. No one had power, in fact, many people were without power for almost an entire week. It was so awful! The reason? It's still fall, and all the trees still had their leaves. With the heavy snow piling on the branches, and not melting, branches started breaking all over the place. I've seen pictures of the trees, and I've seen them personally since the storm, and it's devastating. And very sad. To see all the damage done to the beautiful trees around WNY. It'll take generations, they say, for the trees to look the way they did before the storm.

How NF got spared, I don't know. But in a way, it was a blessing. If we had no power like everyone else, it would have been worse. We had tons of people come and stay in our hotels and motels. Every single one of them was booked for days. Our grocery stores were packed, with people from all over getting food. The gas stations actually had lines, something I've never seen around here! So I guess it was a good thing that we had power, or else I think it could have been an even bigger issue!!

Everyone is still talking about the storm, but most people are trying to get back to normal now. I just hope we don't have a storm like that again! At least not that early in the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day