Little Miracles

Every once in awhile, God shows that He really does listen.

Today, being that it was the 3rd of the month, I was supposed to get my disability check in the mail. So when I saw the mailman pass my window, I checked my mail soon after to see what else I got besides my check. Lo and behold, my check isn't in the mail. I was really upset about this, considering that after 6 years of being on disability, I have never had this happen. All I could think of was, maybe it got delivered to a neighbor? Maybe it got lost in the mail? Maybe there was a change I wasn't aware of? It was rather late in the day to really do anything about it, so I just said a little prayer to God. I never pray for money, for I don't believe it's that important in our lives, but I asked God to let me have answers about this tomorrow, and to allow me to let go of the worry until tomorrow. For there really wasn't anything I could do until tomorrow anyway. So, I took a nap and after that, got up and made dinner.

A little after 6pm, my doorbell rings. I see that it's a neighbor down the street. When I opened the door, I saw my check in her hand. So I immediately think it was delivered accidentally to her house. However, this was not the case! She told me she went across the street to get another neighbor for a walk, and as they came this direction, she saw the check in the field that is about 6 or 7 houses down from my house. I was appalled and infuriated! But I was also so very thankful that she found it, and not someone who could have been dishonest about finding it. After thanking her profusely, I realized that God had answered my small prayer. And to me, that was a miracle more than actually getting my check back. So I thank you, Lord, for answering my prayer!

I am also going to call the main post office tomorrow. This was negligence by that mailman, in my opinion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day