A Letter To Mason

When I found out Mason was in the hospital, I had bought a card for him to let him know how much he meant to me, and that I hope he'd get well soon. Sadly, I couldn't give him that card with the words I had wanted to write. Instead, several days after he passed, I wrote the following to him. Hopefully it can be read by a phriend today at his funeral service. I wish I could be there to say goodbye, but I will be going down by the Niagara River at the time of his service to remember all the wonderful things we shared.

Dear HB,
I had bought this card when I found out you were in the hospital. It's short and sweet, but it says everything about our friendship. I feel like I've known you forever instead of the 3 short years we got to know each other. I feel such a void now that you are gone. I miss starting my days with you, and I miss you being the last person I said goodnight to. I miss all our conversations in between.

But-I am sure you hear me talking to you all during the day now. I'm sure you are hearing me yell at Mittens for getting in my way. I am sure you are listening to my poor (according to you) choice of music as I try to get through my day without you. I know you are rolling your eyes and making faces at me for eating fish, or drinking straight from the milk carton. You will always be forever with me, Mason. You touched my life in so many ways, I can't even begin to list them all. I have never known such a strong person, such a fighter, such a kind soul. I only wish I had gotten to meet you in person.

Mason, my dear hb/sc/cw (you know what those mean), good-bye isn't something I am going to say to you, for I know that I will meet you again one day in a much better place. Instead, I invite you to visit me any time here in Niagara. I will continue to talk to you every day, and I'm sure you're going to wish I'd shut up! I'll look at Masove every day and think of how much you meant to me. You will always be in my heart, my friend. I could never let you go.

Love & smooches,
Colleen....your SC

Comments

Nancy said…
Good friends are hard to find and even harder to let go. Be at peace today and always.
Anonymous said…
Oh wow..Colleen..Here go my tears again...I know you miss Mason so much..I miss him lots and you talked to him even more...
I am happy we were able to meet him and have him in our lives and I am sure he is looking down at us...making all his wise cracks & Faces...LOL
Hugs to ya...Luv ya,
Jen
Annette said…
You my sweet phriend, are amazing. Mason was so very lucky to have you in his life.
much love
annette

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day