Disney Adventure!

Sooo, after the PHA conference last month, my phriend and her daughters and grand-daughter and I ventured on to Disney World! We were picked up at the Renaissance around 11am that Sunday, and off we went. It was a rather warm day, but wet and gloomy. I sat behind the driver, and soon we approached the Disney site. I took a picture of the entrance sign, which scared the poor driver because my flash went off and he thought it was lightning. Oops!!

Soon we were at our hotel, All Disney Sports. There was a bit of an issue with checking in, and I also couldn't find out where my oxygen concentrator was located. After what seemed like forever, we were told where our rooms were, but only one of them was ready. So we headed to that one, and I was able to rest for awhile. Eventually the other room was ready, and I went down to it with my luggage. Then I had to go find the concentrator. I walked back to the main building, past the pool area. Which was flooded. I had worn my jeans and sneakers, and those got completely soaked. Argh! So after finding the concentrator in the luggage storage area, and asking someone to bring it to my room, I thought I'd better get something to eat. Soup sounded pretty good right about then!! I got some, some water, and sat down for awhile just watching people. I had to make it back to the room after, which meant another walk through the biiiiiig puddle, but my phriend came over with her scooter and told me to use it. So, I did, but I have to say I felt like I was going to mow someone over! lol 

Awhile after that, we decided to take the bus to see a movie before going to dinner. It was my first adventure taking out the Respironics Evergo that I had rented. We got off the bus, walked to the AMC theater, and found out the movie we wanted to see was sold out. UGH. I was already tired by that point from the walking, and the dampness and rain. We couldn't find another movie to go to, so we just decided to go back to the bus stop to take it to the hotel where we were having dinner. 
At the AMC theater, where we didn't see a movie. lol

Since we were quite early for dinner, we found some couches to hang out at. We were also meeting another phriend for dinner, and they weren't there yet. I was trying to take a picture of the restaurant, but I couldn't quite get it, so I gave my camera to M. so she could get some close ups. We ate here!

This was my first experience eating at a Disney buffet. I didn't know we'd be eating with characters! One by one, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto went around to all the tables. They signed autograph books if the kids had them, and took pictures. I made sure I got my picture with all of them!

The next day, Monday, I just plain didn't feel good. I had already decided that I'd hang around the hotel for most of the day, trying to catch up on some rest, maybe hang out by the pool. Unfortunately, my stomach was a mess, and all it kept doing was raining off and on!! So I took several naps, ate a little here and there, and watched tv. I finally felt better in the early evening, about the time we were getting ready to leave for dinner at an African-themed buffet. We took a cab there, instead of the bus, and it was rather nice. The food was really good, with some items I've never heard before. Peanut soup?? It tasted like warm peanut butter! Watermelon rind salad? I actually do like eating the rind, but this salad was a bit weird, and I didn't end up liking it. Oh well, I tried it! The best part was a dessert called zebra cakes. They were filled with alcohol, and soooooo delicious!! After we ate, I browsed in the shop where the restaurant was located, and bought a few things. We got home, and I got to bed so I felt rested for the next day, when we were venturing to the Magic Kingdom!

Tuesday's weather wasn't quite as gloomy as Monday's. It rained in the early morning, but wasn't rainy when we left for the bus to take us to Magic Kingdom. When we got there, I went on the train that went around the entire park. It was neat to be able to see almost everything! After that, we had to hurry to get to the restaurant where we had reservations for lunch. We were dining with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and my personal favorite, Eeyore! 

(By the way, for anyone looking at these pictures wondering where my oxygen is, it was right at the table! I just didn't want to keep dragging Bob around trying to get pics. Don't worry, I was fine! lol)

During our lunch, it would downpour, and then the sun would come out, and then it would rain again. When we finally left, it was ok for the moment! I went to the Small World ride with my phriend, since I HAD to go on that ride!! It's one of the oldest in the park! We had about a half an hour wait, but it was worth it. At least we were in a dry area waiting, because it downpoured again! Finally we boarded a boat, and slowly the ride went around. I think I had It's A Small World After All stuck in my head for the entire week after. LOL! 

I have about a million more pics from this ride, but I didn't want to bore people by posting them all!! After it was over, I went with my phriend to one of the stores, bought a mug for K., and then went back to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom so I could go back to the hotel. The humidity was just so bad that I couldn't imagine trying to walk around the park all day. At one point, I even felt a bit faint, and I never feel faint! So I went back to the hotel and rested, showered, went to the gift shop to browse, and eventually took a cab to the hotel where we were having our last buffet dinner. That night, we were eating with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine (Cinderella's evil stepmother), and Anastasia and Drizella, the evil stepsisters! Oh, and before I forget, here's a couple pictures, too, of the castle!!

Dinner was fun, and we were all tired from the day, so we waited for a cab to take us back to All Star Sports. I wish I could've taken this back instead! 

I packed much of my belongings into my suitcases since we were leaving the next day for home. Home! I couldn't believe it was almost a week of not being home. The weather cooperated at least for us to get back!  I decided to try taking half a dramamine pill before the flight left. I'm not sure if it actually helped me, but I did feel much better during our takeoff than the one when we left Buffalo! I was able to enjoy the clouds more, they were just amazing to look at from above!!

We got into Buffalo around 5:30, and had to sit in the plane for a bit since there wasn't any room at the gates. Finally, things got moving, and soon we were heading toward luggage. My parents met me there! We got my suitcase, and then I was saying goodbye to my travel buddies. My adventure was at an end, and I'm just so very thankful that I got to experience so much in a week that I never thought I would before! The PH conference was amazing and so emotional, and the Disney trip, although a bit wet, was definitely something I'd never done before! I'm very glad to have had the chance to add a whole bunch of new things to my life!! 


Madray said…
Looks like a great trip even with a few "glitches". The pictures were fun to see, glad you enjoyed yourself. ~ janet
CL said…
Aren't you glad you went? It was a big milestone, but now that you have taken that first step, Katie bar the door!!!
Nelle said…
I have been hesistant to try to travel with the oxygen issue but you have shown me it can be done. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Hairs

Saturday Happenings

One Day Good, One Day Bad