Back from the South!

I've been back since late Sunday night, but just haven't felt like posting yet. My week in the South was nice, but I have to admit to being glad to be back home. As much as my sister wants us to move down there, it's just not home to me. A nice place to visit, but not home! I much prefer WNY, with the 4 seasons, even though winter isn't one of my favorites. I can't imagine living with no snow!

Anyway, the week was busy, and a little chaotic. I felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation by the time we got back. Lisa's wedding was beautiful, though, and we all had a great time! Despite sweating in our dresses, I think we looked great!












I got to see the ocean while I was down there. Even just being there for an hour made me so happy!






















The Southern food was really good, everything is fried, just about! The variety of foods I ate included chicken & dumplings, fried okra, fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits (my personal fav), chicken under a brick, an avocado dish, and many more. It was all very delicious!!

I got eaten alive by mosquitos down there, it was pretty bad. There were a few different bugs flying around that aren't up here. The June bugs (cicadas) flew around like flies, and I was a little disturbed but intrigued by them. I really can't stand June bugs, but I'd never seen them fly around as much as they did down there. And boy, and they a really clumsy bug! They fly into anything, and just continue on their way. There were also some sort of beetle looking bugs that liked to stick onto the screens. My favorite, though, were the lightning bugs. I hadn't seen them since I was little, at my Grandma's house. There were hundreds of them, though, and as dusk fell, I would just watch them from the deck. They were neat!

I am hoping that if and when I ever go back to visit my sister, it will be a bit more relaxing than the week we had down there. While it was fun, it was just tiring! There was alot of running around, but that usually happens in the last days before a wedding. It all turned out to be alot of fun, though, and I'm glad I did get to go down to celebrate her special day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day