Apartment For Rent!!

Today was court day, again, for my mom vs. Joseph. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about it, but I don't know exactly why. I might have felt bad, but it had nothing to do with Joseph. I ended up waking up this morning with a terrible migraine. So I didn't end up going to court with my mom. However, she came to my house after court with a huge smile on her face, and paperwork for Joseph's eviction!! Whoo hoooo!!!

My mom said Joseph never showed up in court. SHOCKER!! So she won automatic eviction. My mom called the City Marshals again, and the guy came over this afternoon to serve Joseph. When he went up there, apparently the door was open, so the City Marshal knocked a few times and called out. He walked around the apartment and then taped the eviction notice on the door. He told us that he would be back on Friday at 10:30am, so that we can move Joseph's crap out of the apartment if Joseph doesn't show up before then. My mom just plans on moving his stuff (which is not a whole lot, the City Marshal said, just a blowup bed, and some clothes) into the basement. After the City Marshal leaves on Friday, I'm allowed to start using the deadbolt. Joseph won't be able to get his crap unless my mom is here. So there!

So that leaves the apartment available again. I just hope that my mom does alot of things different when she rents it out again. There is so much she should have done that might have saved her from dealing with a situation like Joseph. Although, even if she did some things she should have done, it's not a guarantee that Joseph dishonesty wouldn't have happened. And won't happen again. I just wish someone I knew could actually move up there!! Then we might not have problems!!

Comments

Annette said…
YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I love good news!!! Too bad you don't live in Omaha because I would just rent the apartment just to keep things nice and quiet for my special phriend!!
Annette

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day