Is It Summer?

Actually, yes, it is still technically Summer even though it's September! I think people get to this month and automatically thing that it's Fall because most kids go back to school, the weather starts getting cooler, and the leaves start changing. Pumpkin-everything becomes available, and people long for Halloween. Oh my, just stop!! I am never ready for this change!!

Today's weather, and the weather for the rest of the week, makes it sure feel like it's still Summer! Where was this weather for most of the ACTUAL Summer?? I spent a lot of time on my front porch this morning and afternoon because it was warm and beautiful out! It made me happy! Sadly, I got rid of my two pots of flowers since they were pretty much done growing. But I still have my chair on my porch in the hopes that I can still use it for a little bit longer before I have to store it.

I had originally planned to do a lot more than I did today, but I am trying to live by a thought of "Because You Can," which was in a video posted by a lady in FL who has her own Facebook page and website called That's Inappropriate. A friend of mine told me about her, and shared the particular video because she thought that it would be meaningful to me. She was right. The basic summary is that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, Because You Can. I keep telling myself that often since I've seen the video because I have felt such a loss at not being able to work and feeling like I'm not living my life right. But, that is SO WRONG! My life has meaning every single day, whether I am taking care of myself (which I have finally been learning is SO important!!), volunteering (which means I'm helping others), crafting (which means I'm using my creativity that might get shared with others) to just sitting and twiddling my thumbs! I think as long as I keep up that mantra, maybe my anxiety about what I'm doing on a daily basis will continue to subside. I know it's not easy, but I am very hopeful!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day