A Sad Loss

Being part of a support group is wonderful. You slowly start to feel like the other members are family, for the most part. They are people who really can sympathize with you, because they know exactly how you feel and your emotions since they also deal with the same thing. For over 2 years now, almost 3, I have belonged to PHA, and I read the message boards at least twice, sometimes 3 times a day. I've also participated in weekend chats, and chats on Wednesday nights. I've gotten to know many people, and I care about them all. We all support each other when we're down, or even when we have good news. We welcome the newcomers with open arms. It's wonderful to feel like part of a group who truly cares about each other. And I'm not even sure if I"ll meet any of these people because we are all over the country, all over the world.

With this all being said, we have lost a member of our "family." A wonderful woman who had PH so long, has died from it. While there have been a couple others who have passed away from PH since I was a member of the support group, this woman's death is different. She had had a heart/lung transplant. Her PH was gone, she had started life anew. She was doing well, and suddenly, the doctors discovered that her brand new lungs had also developed PH. This is unheard of. She is the first person with PH who had a lung transplant, and redeveloped PH. Sadly, they couldn't save her this time. It is scary to know that this could happen. How it did, we don't know. The doctors don't know, and are baffled. All I can say is that this woman is finally at peace, and breathing easier. May God Bless her family and give them comfort in knowing that she is finally not suffering anymore.

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
I'm so sorry for your loss. ~ Lori Comment from fitzzer - 9/19/05 9:14 AM

So sad. Sorry to hear about this. Comment from luvmort - 9/17/05 12:13 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day