Accomplishments

I have gotten so much done today, and I'm feeling damn proud of myself. Granted, it's not everything I had on my list of things to do, but I have to realize that I can't always accomplish everything on my list. I've done alot of physical things, however, and although I'm a little tired right now, there have been times when I'd be passed out by now if I had done what I've done! I guess I'm having a good day because the weather is nicer, and it's not so cold. Cold seems to effect how I feel, and how I'm able to do things. But I've done 2 loads of laundry, hung them up outside, changed the bedding, and vacuumed 2 rooms. I admit, the vacuuming is something I really should have passed on. It made me so tired, and that's why I'm taking a nap in a few minutes. But it soooooo needed to be done. The living room looked like the cat blew up, there was so much fur on the rug. I know, gross, but what can I say? I'm technically not supposed to be vacuuming, so since my mom hasn't been over here in awhile, I decided I just had to go ahead and do it!

I had lunch on my porch earlier, and I saw all these kids walking home from school. It got me thinking about when I was little, and I used to walk home with my sisters. And how much I'd be tired from walking. My school was only 2 blocks away (still is, I'm still on the same street I grew up on, just a different house!). My family would walk to church often, 2 blocks away since it's also where I went to school. We'd walk during the nicer weather, but it still was often hard for me to get there. I'd just walk really slow. My sisters and friends in the neighborhood would go on walks to Wilson Farms, and that was a bit further than school. Somehow I made those, too, but not easily.

I guess it just made me wonder why, as a kid, I tolerated the feeling I used to have after walking so much better than I do now. If someone asked me to walk around the block, I'd pass almost right away. I know that I would have a hard time making it, and I don't want to feel so tired and worn out afterward. Why did I never do that as a kid? I am thinking that maybe I thought alot of people felt the way I did after walking. I also think kids are more resilient than adults, and I just wanted to go along with my friends and family. Sometimes that makes me feel like a wuss today, but I guess I'm just smarter, and know I shouldn't push myself? It also makes me feel bad that I am not like everyone else, and a stroll around the block is something I wish I could do again.

Well, off for my nap. Just thinking of walking made me tired. lol

Comments

V said…
Ah, Colleen. This is synchronicity! I have just completed a post on my 1st day at school and opened your blog!
Beautifully written!
V
Doesn't it feel great when you get all your stuff done?! I just wish I was better at it myself. I must thrive on stress or something lol.

I just found out my hs reunion is right around the corner - eeks!

Hugs, ~ Lori

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day