Surprise!

It's a little hard to believe that a week has already passed by since I was in Horseheads for my aunt and uncle's surprise 50th birthday party! The week certainly has flown. But last weekend was definitely alot of fun, and a great way to end the busy summer I had this year!

Last Sunday was the day of the actual surprise party, but the whole weekend was a game of trying to get my uncle to simmer down before it happened. He found out Friday that almost all his sisters were in town (he has 9 sisters, and 1 brother!). When he found out his sister from Georgia was flying in, he was even more upset. He couldn't understand why everyone was there, and no one had really informed him until the last minute!! His daughter gave him the excuse that it was Labor Day weekend, and everyone happened to be free to come to Grandma's for a visit before the busy school year began. Well, ok. He kind of accepted that.

So the plan to get Bob and Jane to the surprise party was as follows:

My cousin, Ryhan (Bob and Jane's daughter), has a daycare. One of the kids in her daycare is her best friend Denise's daughter. Ryhan asked her parents to babysit Aubry (the daughter) while Ryhan helped Denise set up for her family's "Labor Day party." Aka The Surprise party. Then Bob and Jane were supposed to bring Aubry to the party around 5:15pm, and hang out for a little bit. What they were really supposed to be doing is coming their own party and hanging out alot more than just half an hour!

So, the plan was working for the most part. Besides the fact that Bob was perturbed. He came over to Grandma's house with Jane and Aubry on Sunday morning, and was talking about the fact that they had to show up to this "Labor Day party" later, and how they wanted to just skip it altogether, and let Denise pick up Aubry later. Of course, we couldn't say anything to them! We made the excuse that Beverly (one of Bob's sisters) was going to have all of us at her house for dinner around 6:30. So he thought, oh good, at least I'll get to see everyone! Needless to say, he would be seeing everyone, just at a different venue!

So later on, around 5pm, when most of the people are supposed to be at the surprise party location, Denise calls Bob to tell them to bring Aubry around 5:30. Well, 5:30 turned into 5:45. And then they ended up reluctantly showing up around 6pm. We all gathered around the closed doors until Bob opened up one of them, and we all yelled "Surprise!!" Jane immediately burst into tears, and called everyone jerks when she hugged them! They really had NO clue that they were going to their own surprise party! And it was just alot of fun to be involved in it!!

I was very happy to see so many of my family on my mom's side. She has a huge family! And I have a ton of cousins, 3 of which showed up at the party! One of them, I don't think I've seen in about 15 years, at least! So it was a great get-together! Of course, I don't think Ryhan will plan anything like this again. Poor girl, I think she was going to have a heart attack by the time the surprise day came! She had been planning this since last September!! So like I said before, it was really a wonderful way to end my very hectic summer!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day