32 Years

Today is my 32nd birthday. While some people like to blow off their birthdays when they get older, and try to deny their age, I celebrate every year I get! Living with PH all these years hasn't been an easy thing, and yet, somehow I've made it this far. I thank the Good Lord for all the days He has given me so far. Even when I've had some tough periods, He has always given me strength to get through them, even when I didn't feel all that strong. I also thank God for my family, who has been there for me in everything I've gone through. I love them tremendously, and feel blessed to have them in my life. I also feel the same with my dear friends. They are also a huge support system, in so many ways. And then there is my PHamily. I am so thankful for finding the PHA website, and realizing that there were other people who are, unfortunately, dealing with PH like I have been since birth. These people have truly been comforting and supportive, in a much different way than my family and friends. My PHamily truly understand where I'm coming from when I say I have no energy, or I feel so short of breath, or am worried about a side effect, etc. It's not that my family and friends don't understand, it's just that my PHamily completely gets it. So I love them just as much!!

So I thank everyone in my life for being who they are. I love you all so dearly, more than words can express. I hope you all know how much you mean to me! Thank you for being there for me, and I hope to have at least another 32 years here with you all! :)

Comments

paula54 said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLEEN AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE!!!! Blessing to you.
I am with you COlleen...while others gripe about aging I love it! My dad was complaining b/c he will be 70 next March...I reminded him how many children never make it past 18...he is lucky he is alive...he has survived heart bipass too...life is grand and we need to celebrate each day! Thanks for visiting my blog :) Hope we can meet someday. Do you go to the conferences? Never been to one myself but I hope I can get to the next one.
Sue "T" said…
Hi Colleen,
I am so psyched, I was able to get onto the comments without it giving me the old "heave ho" again. There is nowhere to ask for help, which stinks, hehe.
Now, to your birthday, I am so happy that you enjoyed your BD.
Having the strength to get to each birthday is amazing and a miracle for all of us. When people complain about getting another year older, I rejoice that and I am sure we all do. We are each thankful for our PHriends and PHamily and friends and families. We are just so surrounded by love and caring and sincerity, which is amazing. When family and friends don't always understand where we are coming from or how we are feeling, you can be sure that our PHamily and PHriends do. That doesn't mean that our own families and friends don't love us, because they do. We just have all come across another set of the most meaningful people who rejoice and cheer for each and every birthday we all have.
You have been ill longer than any of us Colleen, and God has carried you thru each birthday with such care and love. I pray that the medication will start to make you feel better and once it really kicks in, you will start to feel better.
You are so important to all of us and that's another nice thing too, we all watch out for each other.
Much love and hugs,
Sue :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day