This and That

My weekend went by quick, and it wasn't all that exciting. It was basically relaxing, and not doing much. I mean really, I don't think I did anything truly productive. I talked to a few friends for awhile. On my NEW PHONE. hehe I added almost 300 songs to my phone yesterday, and that took me quite awhile! So I guess I did do something! lol

Today I've been pretty busy, and it's such a difference from over the weekend. I am preparing for an upcoming PH support group meeting next month. I'm having a couple student speakers talk about diet and nutrition, and I think it'll be a good turnout. So this morning, I called a representative for Gilead, a pharmaceutical company that distributes the newest FDA approved treatment for PH, which is Letairis. He is actually a local person! And he knows so many of the doctors and hospitals in this area who are diagnosing and treating PH patients. I had a great conversation with him. He is willing to attend my meeting, and also provide lunch. Yay!! All I need now is the girl's last name who is coming to speak, so I can have it on my invitations. I hope she calls me soon, or else I'll just forget it, and I'll introduce her the day of the meeting. lol

I also called a number my mom gave me yesterday to ask about an upcoming flea market that is very close by. It's on October 6th, at the site of a former school. I have put my name down for a table. I hope to sell alot of my jewelry and lamps, but we'll see what happens! I also hope it won't be too cold, since it's an outdoor event. I'm glad my mom saw the number in the paper a couple times. I'm also glad she remembered to tell me!

Let's see, oh I also walked on the treadmill earlier! I got a 1/2 mile in, and it wasn't too terrible. My legs didn't feel like lead like they did a week ago when I tried walking. I did stretches and some weights, too. I hope I can do it a few more times this week. I go back to Cleveland for tests on Monday, and I have a feeling my walk won't be any better than last time. But, we shall see!

I have to babysit shortly for my friend, Jeannie. Her little baby is so cute. I've watched him a few times already, and all he's done is sleep! I hope he keeps that up. lol I'm happy that I can help her out for an hour a few times a week. She's relieved because it's someone she knows. I'm relieved because it's a little extra money! So far it's been going towards bills! Bleck!!

I'm going to Mandy's tomorrow morning. I haven't seen her in almost 2 weeks! I miss my sistore! I miss her kids! Her hubby is leaving tonight for a business trip, so she definitely needs some reinforcements to keep her sane. I'm not sure sending me in is the best choice, but hey, better than nothing!! hehe

Guess that's it for now! Gotta go take Revatio! :)

Comments

Sue "T" said…
Hi Colleen,
I managed to get logged in once again to comment. So frustrating when the computer or internet is acting up.
Getting read for your Support Group meeting sounds interesting, it will be an interesting program. Do the pharmaceutical companies always provide lunch or are there times you do? You can tell when you talk about it how interesting it is for you to provide an informative program. I'm proud of you!!
I am so sorry that Euan has still not had his transplant. It has to be so nerve racking for him, his family and you. How far do you live from him? I will keep him in my prayers Colleen, please keep us up to date on him.
I hope you get a table at the flea market and you do well. That would be great!!
Well, you take care and good luck next week on your exam in Cleveland. I hope you are going to be put on the other half dose of Revatio.
Much love and hugs,
Sue :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day