Revatio

I've been on Revatio for almost a month now. I started it August 16th, at a half a dose (meaning 30mg a day, not 60mg). My PH doc wanted to ease me onto it slowly, since a drop in blood pressure and headaches can be quite common when a patient starts it. I know that my body still needs time to adjust to it, and get used to it being in my system daily. I had some pretty horrendous headaches a couple weeks ago, but they are gone now. I really haven't noticed a change at all yet, though. However, the change of seasons always bothers me, and I also have not been on it all that long. Not to mention, I'm only on half of what I should be!

Today I called Svetlana, Dr. Gildea's nurse practitioner. I've been calling her weekly, to let her know how I've been feeling, how my blood pressure is, if I have headaches or any other weird symptoms, etc. I told her I haven't had a headache in awhile, and I've also been feeling short of breath lately. I told her I knew that was because of the weather. It's been getting cooler, and today was humid, and I could just feel it in my lungs. She asked if I wanted to just stick with half the dose until I see Dr. Gildea again on October 1st, or if I wanted to try taking 20mg for my last dose of the day. I decided to give the 20mg a go! I really didn't feel like waiting another 2 1/2 weeks before I got to increase the dose. So tonight I will be taking the first 20 mg dose. Actually, I will be taking it in about 10 minutes. lol I'm hoping I won't get a headache from it, but if I do, at least it's not that long before I get to go to bed. I'll make sure I take my blood pressure reading a couple times, too. I'll be calling Svetlana back again on Friday to let her know how it's going, and if it's causing issues, I can just decrease it again. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be any! So wish me luck!! lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day