Mmmmmm!

I usually don't mind cooking. Sometimes I put no effort into it, because I just don't feel like it. But there are times I really do surprise myself. I woke up from a nap this afternoon wondering what to have for dinner. I decided to have leftovers from the other night: marinated chicken, brown rice, and peas. Then I thought, I really need to make the yellow squash and zucchini I have, so I decided to sautee them in olive oil, and add the peas and rice to it, and mix it up. Then I thought, why not cut the chicken up into small pieces and throw it in there? So I did! Lastly, I realized I had a can of Italian flavor canned tomatoes, and I thought, hey I'll throw that in! My goodness, it was such a yummy meal! I only had a small serving of it, and I'm still stuffed. I have to say I'm quite proud of myself. And of course, it made so much that I can have it again for lunch and dinner for 2 days probably. I didn't even use a recipe!

I can't say the same for my split pea soup I made from scratch yesterday. It looked good, smelled good, but when I had some for dinner, I just wasn't feeling it. I was so disappointed. I tried some again for lunch, and actually ate the whole bowl. I think it was mainly because I was so hungry. I just don't want to have to throw it all out because I won't eat anymore. I think that was my last pot of homemade split pea soup forever! I'll just eat my mom's whenever she makes it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day