Happy Thanksgiving

Today was a nice Thanksgiving, spent with my family. It seemed to be very low-key, which was just fine with me. I spent all afternoon yesterday making my strawberry banana bread, and my pecan pie, so I just relaxed this morning for awhile before getting dressed and going to my parents' house. I got over there a little after 1pm, and helped make some of the items we were eating for dinner. My mom bought a turkey breast since it was only my parents, Joanie and I eating dinner. We also had mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing (not homemade this year), green bean casserole, corn, and cranberry sauce. It was very yummy! I felt like I overate, even though I really didn't take too much. We cleaned up, and watched some tv and then Mandy called us to say they were home and we could come over for dessert.

Mandy's was nice, too. We had pecan pie, pumpkin pie, cheesecake pie, and lemon meringue pie. It was quite tasty! My niece kept making requests for Shake Your Booty, which I have on my cellphone. She is too funny with that! So when I play the song, she headbangs instead of shakes her booty. lol Then we went down in the basements, so my parents could see the Wii system and the HD channels. We played Wii for awhile, and my parents even played! I wish I had taken a picture! I will when Christmas comes along. But anyway, it was a nice day, and now I am tired!! I am not shopping tomorrow, I'm going to try putting up some decorations. I have no desire whatsoever to fight with people in the stores, to deal with the insane traffic, and to be out in the freezing cold temps here! So good luck to all the crazy people trying to go out to the stores tomorrow! I just hope everyone will be safe on the roads and in the stores!!

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! :)

Comments

Annette said…
Hello sweetie! I am finally crawling back to reality from the fundraiser and I wanted to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving! Strawberry/banana bread sounds very delicious!! Take care!
Annette
Sue "T" said…
Colleen,
Your day sounded really really nice. I still am in awe of the strawberry banana bread and I just may have to have the recipe for that. I can just smell that baking in my kitchen.
Low key is very good. It's nice sometimes to have a small dinner party, which is what we had this year. There were my parents and my sister and her two daughters and Bob and I. It was quiet and we held hands and prayed and it was just so nice.
Then, later in the evening, the rest of the family came for dessert. Similar to when you went to Mandy's.
I think that is so adorable that your niece makes requests for "Shake Your Booty" and then does headbangs instead.
Honey, it sounds like just a perfect day!!
Many hugs and blessings,
Sue :-)
Anonymous said…
Hi Colleen,
Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving day...I hope you had a piece of that pecan pie for me..LOL
Strawberry banana bread ,that sounds yummy,never heard of it.
Take care and keep warm..
Hope you are feeling better with your new pills??
Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day