Rainbows and Final Jeopardy!

Sometimes the most unexpected things can make a person so wonderfully happy. I had two instances today in which I experienced unexpected events, and it has just made me smile for most of the day and evening!

The first occurred during my outing to several stores. The weather in Niagara Falls today was mostly wet, raining on and off. When I left one of the stores I had gone to, the sun was peeking out in one section of all the dark gray clouds. I turned into the parking lot to head to another store, when I looked out the window to my left. I had to hit the brakes. There in the sky was a huge arching rainbow. It was just such a wonderful feeling to see it, since it's been I don't know how long since I had seen one last. I find rainbows so magical and mystifying, even though there is science and logic to their existence. I took a couple pictures with my camera phone. Even though I'm sure someone who would see the pictures would say why did you take a picture of an empty storefront?, I can see that rainbow. And I'll remember how happy it made me feel seeing it today.

The second unexpected experience today may seem a little silly to some, but it still has me smiling! I love Jeopardy! I don't know what got me into watching Jeopardy! so much over the summer, but I watch it almost every night. I calculate my score to see how much I'm "winning," and I make wagers for the final question. Tonight's Final Jeopardy! category was "In the Southern Hemisphere". Thinking, OK I'm gonna lose, I wagered a measly $600, and waited for commercials to end. I must backtrack for a second first. For the next 2 weeks, the Jeopardy! contestants are former champions, and this is a Tournament of Champions. I have seen most of these players, and they are very good! They won a lot of money. That being said, the commercials were over, and the final answer was revealed. I cannot remember the exact wording, but it had to do with the bear constellation, and what the Greek term was for it. The only thing I could come up with, considering the category had to do with the Southern Hemisphere, was Antarctica. The lovely little Jeopardy! ditty finished playing, and Alex went to each of the contestants to find out their answers. None of them got it right. Two of them didn't even write down an answer! They were stumped! So I'm thinking, gee whiz, I'm sure I got it wrong. So Alex says, "The answer is Antarctica." I dropped my jaw, and was like what????? I got it right, and those champions got it wrong?? It just made me so happy! I don't usually get the last question right, either, so I'm pretty proud of myself! Now I only wish I had bet all my money! LOL

So anyway, two unexpected occurrances today made me feel pretty happy and upbeat. It's the little things like that that make me feel like someone is always watching. :)

Comments

Sue "T" said…
Hi Colleen,
I got up this morning and should have been more upbeat than I have been in months because of getting into the study. But, for some reason, I got up today being really down. I was actually frightened at how I felt.
So, I did what I never do and that is to get my breakfast, I have to eat 500 calories before I take my pills. I take them every 12 hours, so I ate my 2 pieces of toast and my one cup of cereal and my yogurt, which equalled out to 500 calories. I thought I had eaten a whole turkey, I was stuffed. I took my pill at 8:45 and started to cry. Why? I have no idea why. I am so very very blessed to be in this study and maybe its just all the hoopla for months trying to meet the criteria and its just all new knowing that I finally got in.
I have a hard time eating anymore. I just have no appetite, so I had to talk myself into eating. This being said, what brought me to this point this morning was your blog from yesterday, which I am replying to now.
You have the most uplifting words Colleen. You are just a breath of fresh air, I think that you and Annette could turn my day into a treasure even if I woke up so down that I couldn't even get out of bed.
Your account of the rainbow WAS MAGICAL honey. The way you told it led me to believe I saw it myself. Thank you, thank you so much for that. I am glad I did not get to read the blogs yesterday, because today you made me so happy to have gotten up this morning and with a purpose.
And, your account of Jeopardy made me smile so much too.
You are truly a cherished friend honey and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words this morning.
Much love and many hugs and blessings!!!
Sue :-)
I am with Sue...I think it is wonderful that you can notice all the beauty in this world...I think people that are sick appreciate life so much more than others...we have to find joy in the little things sometimes b/c what we are dealing with is so frightening at times...Sue, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad...Colleen is a positive force...and I like Jeopardy too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day