Not Too Shabby Of A Day

I woke up tired, as usual, but I was determined to actually do a few things out and about before I had to host chat this afternoon. I finally got myself dressed and ready to go around noonish. First stop was the credit union. I chatted with Joanie for a few minutes. We compared arm soreness that we both were still experiencing from playing Wii games on Sunday! After I left, I mailed a few things at the post office, and then went to a Dollar General closer to my house. It was so incredibly nice out! We had an odd warm day, and the sun was out, and it just felt good. I got home, and hosted chat for about an hour. Seemed like people were busy today, but it is the holiday season, so it's understandable!

After that, I noticed my sister, Joan, in front of my house with a rake. Then my dad showed up with a rake and a lawnmower. I thought to myself "Well this should be entertaining!" So I went out there with my coat on, and decided to hang out and get more fresh air! It still wasn't too bad out, but the sun had decided to hide behind clouds, so it was a tad bit nippier. It was fun being out there, just chatting and laughing with Joanie and my dad. I went back in after the mailman came, got myself a sandwich, and then came back out again. I eventually went in because I started to freeze!

A little while later, Joanie, my mom and I were holding on to a piece of cording tied to my white birch stick (well tree trunk, but my dad had cut down almost all the branches last year because the tree had died, so I called it a stick) out in my front yard. We were pulling away from the electric power lines connected from my house to the street. As we were pulling, my dad was sawing near the base of the stick. He finally came over at one point and yanked on it too, and all of a suddent it came crashing down in our direction. Of course, it was supposed to do this, since we were all pulling it our way, but we all had to move quickly to make sure it didn't hit us! It came soooooo close to hitting my Joanie, though!! I'm so happy it didn't, that would NOT have been pretty! So anyway, now I am left with a white birch stump. I'm not sure how the rest of it will be taken out of the ground, but at least it's not a sorry looking stick on the lawn. I am sad that the tree died, though. The white birch reminds me of my grandpa. He used to have one in his front yard where he lived, and he is now buried near one in the cemetary. But for now, I can just remember him every time I see the stump!

The rest of my afternoon was relaxing. I finished washing my dishes, and then eventually went to lay down. I read for awhile and fell asleep. I got up to make dinner, and didn't really feel like eating anything. I finally made eggos and cottage cheese and pears. I watched my evening news and Jeopardy! Then I took a bath!

I love baths, I think it's the one thing I miss not doing during the summer. I take so many in the fall/winter. I find them so relaxing, and often feel like I'm in my own little world. I either contemplate things that have been going on, or just read a good book with the candlelight. I think the number one reason I usually take a bath, though, is because I'm so cold!! Despite wearing layers and long underwear, and double pairs of sock and even slippers, AND having a blanket on while watching tv, I still can be so cold sometimes, that the only thing warming me up is a nice hot bath! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

So that's been my day! I'm glad it wasn't too bad. Tomorrow I need to make strawberry-banana bread, and a pie crust for my pecan pie for Thursday. So I'm not really planning on going anywhere!! Yay!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day