A Cold Weekend!

Well, my weekend didn't go exactly as I had hoped, but that's ok I guess. Friday night was fun at my friend's house. I ordered a pair of sconces to go in the hallway right outside my bedroom. Now all I need to find is a large picture of something. I don't know what yet! I think I'll know it when I find it. I hope.

Saturday I was supposed to hang out with Euan. I had talked to him briefly Friday afternoon after not talking with him for almost 2 weeks. He finally had his internet back up after moving all his stuff into his new office. I didn't get a chance to ask him about Saturday, so I called and left a message. I didn't hear from him until last night, when I got an email from him saying that his grandmother is very ill with pneumonia, and is not doing well. I feel so bad, because here again I was thinking some not-so-nice things since I hadn't heard from him, and now I know why. Anyway, we did chat for a bit last night online. He said he had been looking forward to hanging out, but then his grandmother got sick. I know he's very close to her. So I'm just praying she will get better soon!

Yesterday was COLD. We went from close to 60 degree weather on Friday, to only 16 degrees yesterday. Which is really what winter is all about. I actually would rather have the cold days, instead of days when I think spring is around the corner, and it really isn't! Today is cold, too, but tomorrow it's supposed to be near 40 again. I am really shocked that I'm not sick by all this! lol

Yesterday I decided to put some old bank statements through the shredder. I am a saver, and I had a huge pile of them, starting in 1999. I know, it's ridiculous! Anyway, as I was shredding, I got really sad. I saw how much money I used to have before I had to quit my job in 2001. I don't often complain about having PH, or how I feel about having it. But I have to say that this was one time that I really felt sad about having a disease that can wreak havoc on your life. I went from having a large amount of money saved in my bank account, to barely having $100 saved. I used to be able to pay for everything I bought with cash, and now I can barely do so. There are times when I don't even have money by the middle of the month. It just makes me upset that I can't work, at least not in the capacity that I could before. I am glad that I do have enough money to pay my bills. I just wish I had enough to buy all the things I need, and to not go without when I can't afford something. That is the one thing about having PH that does bother me the most.

Well, enough of the pity party. lol What I AM grateful for is the fact that I'm still here after 30 years of living with this disease. I thank God for every day I have! Money troubles may get me down once in a while, but I do have a lot to be thankful for. :)

So anyhow, that was my weekend. I am off to exercise now. That is another thing that I am grateful that I can do after years of not being able to! I could seriously see myself as an exercise addict if I didn't have PH. lol

Comments

Sorry you didn't get to hang out with Euan. I know how much you were looking forward to seeing him. Hopefully this weekend you will. Hugs, ~ Lori

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day