Lots of Happenings!

Seems like a ton of things are happening lately, at least since last week. Here are some developments!

My father is in the process of being tested for prostate cancer. He was told last Thursday to find a urologist so he can have some biopsies done. His brother had prostate cancer several years ago, was operated on, and is doing fine now since it was caught early. It is a very treatable cancer if it's found early. I'm praying this will be the case for my father if this is what he has. So far, we all seem optimistic about it!

My sister, Lisa, got engaged on Saturday! She went with her boyfriend to the beach for the weekend, and he proposed to her on Sat night as they were watching the sun set. I am very happy for her! Brandon is a really nice guy, and ever since she started seeing him last year, she would talk about him like she was an excited schoolgirl! lol There is no date for the wedding yet, and I don't think there is a rush to have it. I do know that she would like to be married on the beach, so we'll probably be going down to NC for it! That'll be a nice vacation, whenever it happens!

Euan's grandmother passed away last night. I got email from him this morning. I feel really bad, because I know how close he was to her. But sadly, pneumonia took over, and she didn't get better. He did say she was surrounded by her family when she died. Sounds to me like she was definitely loved. Euan said he will hopefully talk to me again online soon.

I am having horrendous issues with the new Medicare D prescription plan. Although my new insurance card went through, it's showing that I have a $250 deductible. Since I am on Medicare and Medicaid, meaning that I'm poor as dirt, I don't have a deductible, and my copays are between $1-5 for my prescriptions. I've been on the phone for most of Friday and today trying to figure out all of this stuff out!! The thing that worries me most is not being able to get my lung medicine on time because of all this! Right now I am being told to cut my dosage in half, to make the medicine last a bit longer. This is just so frustrating!!!

I had a day of energy today! I woke up at 9:15, and took apart my bed to wash everything. I ended up doing 4 loads of laundry (I'm now completely out of detergent), put my bed back together, laid out a necklace pattern, and spent a lot of time on the phone trying to fix things (which weren't fixed!). It's been a busy day, and I am a little tired. But days like these don't come around too often, so I was happy to be able to do so much!!

I guess that's about all for now on my end. The weather is a tad bit cooler today than yesterday, but still, it's like 40 out. Last year at this time, it was in the single digits! Anyhow, I'm off to take a well deserved nap!



Comments

Sounds like it's been a bit of a rollercoaster of a ride over there lately. Congratulations to Laura! That's very exciting news!! I'm sorry to hear about Euan's grandmother. I'm glad she was with her family when she passed and all who loved her. The healthcare situation in this country makes me sick. I wish there was more we could do about it. I hope it doesn't hold up getting your medicine. Good luck, Hugs, ~ Lori
Hope all went well with your father's tests yesterday. I know how nerve wracking things like this can be. Sending all my best wishes your way!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day