Snowy Weekend!

Friday started off what was one of the snowiest weekends of the winter. The winter storm warning we had was finally not a dud! Niagara Falls ended up getting a little over a foot, which was not as much as some other areas around here. Some ended up with almost 2 feet! I have to admit that, as much as I desparately want the winter to end and the warmer temps to start, I enjoyed seeing all that snow! I wanted to go out and make a snow angel, but considering that I'm over pneumonia (although not over the lack of energy), I wasn't going to be stupid!! I watched my dad use the snowblower twice to clear the sidewalks. I often wish I could help shovel, but there's just no way I could do that! So today is nice and sunny, and the temps this weekend are supposed to be a little better, so I'm sure all this snow will be disappearing soon!

The amount we had reminded me of the snow we used to get when I was a little girl. Actually, I think sometimes we got more than this! My dad would plow huge snow hills into our backyard for my sisters and I to play on. We'd slide down them, roll down them, whatever! We would also take huge icicles off the house, and ones we found on the ground, and call them crystal shards (we were huge fans of The Dark Crystal! lol), and bury them in the hill. We used to be out there for what seemed like hours! Sometimes I wish we would get that much snow all the time, but thanks to global warming, we don't seem to have the storms like we used to!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great memories:))
I am sure you would have gotten out there and made a snowangel if you thought you could....That was always fun and when you are young it does not even seem that cold..Now fastforward just a few years, and if you are like me, I cannot tolerate the cold much at all...My bones hurt all over,too!!LOL...
Take care and it sounds like you will be warming up some before long:))
Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day