State of Disgrace

Well it's official. New York will have it's first African-American legally blind governor by Monday morning. Gov. Eliot Spitzer officially resigned this morning, apologizing to his family, and to each and every resident of NY state. I am honestly still shocked and disappointed that a man of such power and prestige has fallen from grace so rapidly. I'm disgusted at his behavior, especially since he worked so hard years ago as Attorney General to prosecute a prostitution ring. I just don't understand it!! What I also don't understand is how his wife could still be standing by his side this morning at the press conference. I feel so sorry for her and their children. I sure hope Spitzer begs and pleads for forgiveness for years to come because he sure has made an ass out of himself!!

I think the biggest disappointment is that Spitzer was sooooooo wanting to help Niagara Falls get back on it's feet with different projects that have not yet been announced. The new mayor here now has to start from ground zero in Albany with the new Governor to try to still get help with major projects. I'd like to think that soon-to-be Governor Paterson will be willing to do whatever it takes to make Niagara Falls what it used to be (obviously that'll take decades, but you've got to start somewhere!). There seems to be alot of hope with this new man in office, because he is liked by both Democrats and Republicans. So, here's hoping that Spitzer's scandal might actually be beneficial to the great state of NY!

Comments

BLAZER PROPHET said…
Sadly, Spitzer is one of a very large number of influential people who have done something like this.

Politicians, religous leaders...

Someone once said, "where's there's power there's arrogance". I think it's generally true.

I also agree with you about his poor wife. He's been at this for some time and it's clear as to his regard for her.

What a shame. All around.
BLAZER PROPHET said…
By the way, how do you get the playlist on your blog?
I hear good things about the new governor as well...I was also disgusted by this guy and I could not believe his wife would stand there in support...she is nuts...or, maybe she was still in such a state of shock...if she stays with him, she is not being a good example to her daughters...I feel bad for them. It is a shame he was such a hypocrite as well as a philanderer. Take care Colleen and I hope your area gets back to what it once was as well...btw...have you ever heard of the group, "Honeymoon Suite?" They were big in the 80's and one of my favorite groups from back then...they are from your area.
Anonymous said…
Yes ,this is yet another sad thing to happen...I cannot believe this man has a heart of any kind..No respect at all for even his wife and kids, not mentioning the residents of his state!!
Hope the new Governor will do things to help in your area.
Hope you are feeling good and having a great week:)0
Take care
Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day