Decorating My Blog!

It's almost time for me to redecorate my blog, and I'm excited about it because it's a step closer to spring!!! I know some people have been wondering how I do it. Well, it involves html. I had no idea really how to alter it until I played around with it for a long time. I don't know if I'd even be able to explain it here without completely losing someone. lol To edit html, you have to choose the Layout section. You'll see 4 sections after choosing Layout: Page Elements, Fonts and Colors, Edit Html, and Pick New Template. Choose Edit Html. Selecting this choice will show you the very large amount of codes and such that create the layout of the blog type you've picked. All the codes made absolutely no sense to me, and most of still doesn't! lol But what I figured out is that I can copy and paste html code of pictures or backgrounds from a host site like Photobucket (an account has to be created there first, but it's free) to certain parts of the html nonsense. An example of an html code that I change looks like this in the html template: http://www.blogblog.com/rounders3/corners_main_top.gif (don't try clicking on this, you most likely won't get much!). Almost any code I saw like that, I changed by using an html code from a picture or backround I liked in Photobucket. Photobucket makes up the html code for the graphic you want to use. All you have to do is choose the Direct Link choice under the graphic, it automatically highlights, and then you can paste that code over the html code (like the example above) into the html template. BEFORE hitting Save Template on the bottom of the page, I ALWAYS choose Preview to see what that new html code looks like! I'll try to list the sections of html I edit, but I know each layout is different!

*under #main-wrap1, I change the background code
*under #header-wrapper1, I change the background code
*under .profile-link, I change the background code
*under #sidebartop-wrap, I change the background code
*under #sidebarbottom-wrap2, I change the background code

I know this probably makes absolutely no sense to some people!! I thought I would just try to give a little inkling as to how I change the background on my blog!! As for the music (someone else asked me about that!), I found a site called Playlist.com, created a free account, and looked up songs on there to add to a playlist. Then I followed the directions to add that playlist to a blog, using once again, html code! lol I chose Layout, and under the Page Elements section, I picked Add a Page Element. Then I picked HTML/Javascript when the big box popped up, and pasted the code from the playlist into the blank box. And then I have music!

I guess that's it on editing. I'm sure I thoroughly bored some people in reading this! LOL

Comments

Mai Daader said…
I found your blog by chance, wowww it is full of life, i think that your soul was reflected on it, thanks for letting me know how to get a playlist on it.

but i failed to change the background.

wish that we can be friends :)
Mai Daader said…
Colleen this is for you, you´re gonna love it

http://creativegenealogy.blogspot.com/
Charity Glenn said…
That was very helpfull, thanks.
I also found your blog by chance and im so happy that i did! (:
Anonymous said…
Bravo, remarkable idea
Anonymous said…
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day