A Sad Loss

I couldn't believe it this evening when I found out from one of my friends that Tim Russert had died today. What an incredibly sad loss. He was such a good man. He absolutely loved his job, and had such a passion for politics. I can't even begin to imagine the general election season without his thoughts and breakdown in numbers on the candidates. I always enjoyed seeing him on the Nightly News, which was often at least once or twice a week lately. I only watched Meet the Press a few times, but he was excellent on that show. Always asking tough questions in a manner that meant he wanted to find out the answers for the Average Joe. There will never be such a compelling host on that show ever again, in my opinion.

The loss of Tim Russert hits the Western New York area especially hard. Tim was from South Buffalo, perhaps only a 25 minute ride from Niagara Falls. He truly loved his Buffalo background, and he never hesitated to mention his hometown to anyone. He was a huge Buffalo Sabres fan, Bisons fan, and I'm pretty certain Bills fan, too. He often came back home to visit his father and other family here, and there was even a news piece about a year or so ago on Tim and his father. This community is reeling with his loss, and everyone is so very shocked about it. My heart goes out to his colleagues, but especially to his family, who he cherished so much. Tim, you will most definitely be missed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know that is very sad..He will be missed. I guess he collapsed on the set..I feel bad for his family.

Hope you have a good weekend:))


Love and hugs,
Jen
Annette said…
Oh sweetie...you have the biggest, biggest heart.
love
annette

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day