Ok, An Update Of Sorts

I know, I said I was going to update the day after my last post, and I never did. Every time I think about posting something, it's so late and I'm too tired to think. Like now. But I thought, I'll type something anyway! So if it doesn't make too much sense, sorry. I'm very tired!!

The movie I saw last Friday night was Obsessed, with BĂ©yonce. I said to my friends, I could have waited a few years and seen it on the Lifetime network. lol It was an ok movie, I'd give it one paw up.

Saturday, my PH support group meeting went very well! I had 25 people, the new location worked out wonderful, and the food was excellent and ABUNDANT!! The speaker was a pharmacist from Accredo, and he discussed the PH meds, how different meds treat a different aspect of PH, and taking other meds while on the PH drugs. Questions were asked, jokes were shared (someone asked about drinking alcohol, and then several more asked about it too....we sounded like a group of lushes LOL), and it was just a really good meeting! My mom and I took home ALL the leftover food! We had so much, we shared with my neighbor upstairs, the neighbors next door to my parents, and Mandy and Ron and the kids! It was nuts!

Sunday my parents and I left for Cleveland, OH, in the early evening, and got there around 9ish. I went to bed about an hour and a half after that, since we had to get up at 6am Monday morning so we could leave by 7am. Rush hour traffic going into Cleveland is insane, so my dad just wanted to make sure we got there with plenty of time left!!

Monday's appts at CCF went well, and pretty much on time! I had an echo and EKG first thing, then bloodwork. Then I had the dreaded (for me) 6 minute walk test, and I told the nurse I didn't want to know anything about how much time I had left. I really hate that!! Of course, I felt like I was ready to give up by the end of it, and then it was over. I did a teeny tiny bit less than back in July when I went, but at least I didn't do any worse! Then I waited for my PH doc. When I finally got called, I only spent about 10 minutes with him! I told him that despite my 6mw, I have been feeling pretty good since starting pulmonary rehab in September, and he was happy to hear this! He didn't feel I needed to increase my Revatio to 40mg (I'm on 30), and I said I didn't feel the need either. Then he said that was it, he didn't know what else to tell me. lol He said it was ok to come back in a year, unless of course, something was wrong! I was basically told the same thing with the adult congenital cardiologist awhile later. He was happy I'm going to rehab, he said my pressures were basically the same as previous echoes, and he also didn't feel I needed to go up on Revatio. So all in all, a good trip to Cleveland!!

The rest of my week went ok for the most part. Thursday I had a terrible migraine that I didn't realize was a migraine until later in the afternoon because I never saw the stars I usually see when I get on. That day threw me off completely!! Yesterday I felt better, and went out for the afternoon to Mandy's to visit and spend some time with the kids. Then I met my friend, Dee, and her parents at a pizza place for dinner. After that I spent the rest of the evening trying to catch up on some tv shows!! I'm so behind on a bunch of them. I caught up on Brothers & Sisters, and Lost, but I have 3 episodes of The Office and Grey's Anatomy left to watch. Hopefully I'll watch them before I start seeing what's been going on with both of them!

Today I think my hormones were on complete overdrive this morning. On a scale of 1-10, I think my irritability level was about, oh, a 20. I felt completely angry and irritated for about 2 hours!! At what?? At absolutely nothing!! I worked on a couple necklaces for Eve, and listened to music, and that eventually calmed me down. I went out to Aldi's after to get some flowers for my mom and Mandy for Mother's Day. The winds were outrageous!! They were gusting at 50mph, and I almost was knocked over in the parking lot on the way back to my car!! I got home and called Erin. We were supposed to be meeting Eve and her son at The Silo, an outdoor restaurant near the Niagara River in Lewiston, NY. However, with the winds, we were afraid of blowing INTO the river!! So, we changed lunch to The Brickyard! While we were there, the power went out 8 times, and the 9th time it was out for at least 40 minutes! They were still able to make us our lunches, though. After lunch, Eve took me to the Outlet mall to buy me sneakers. I got a nice pair by Kelly Ripa! I didn't realize she had her own line of sneakers! Eve dropped me off after that, and I was just so tired, so I crashed for a bit! I don't think it helped much, because I'm even more tired, and it's a little after 11pm. I normally go to bed around 1am, but I'm thinking tonight that an early bedtime is way better for me!!

So now I think I've caught up a bit!! Whew!!


phtony said…
You do more in a week what I do in 2 months, bravo :-)

Good to hear no major changes - talk to ya later

Teddybear said…
Colleen great to hear you won't have to up your medicine, that you are doing okay.

I don't know what you are worried about your blog for - it is obvious you have been very busy. I am a month behind you are just a couple of days.

Sounds like you had a very filled week. I hope you got the much need rest you needed. Blessings to you, Deb.
Anonymous said…
Man...what a week...I thought I have been busy....LOL
And...now I am really tired after reading that..hope the new sneakers help..
Glad to hear you are pretty stable:))
love & Hugs:)
~ Lor said…
Glad to hear everything is going well with your appointments and such. Keep up the good work! Hope you got some rest in. hugs, ~ L
~ Lor said…
Thanks for your email! I'll defnitely be in touch. Mine is still the same over at aol. Not sure if you still have it or not?

I sure could go for a slice of NY pizza....the pizza here does not compare in the least. Hope your migrane is feeling better. Hugs, ~ L

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Hairs

Saturday Happenings

One Day Good, One Day Bad