Victory At Last

As I sat and watched Brothers & Sisters tonight, I got highly irritated that breaking news interrupted the last 10 minutes of the show. Until I found out why. Osama Bin Laden had been killed, and his body recovered from the special operation unit that carried out the attack. Oh. My.God. I gasped at the news, and then I spent the next almost hour awaiting the President's address to the nation. The operation that finally led to Bin Laden's demise started eight months ago in August 2010, and today, after months of observations and plannings, President Obama gave permission to attack the complex Bin Laden was hiding in. The brief operation led to his death, and none of our soldiers were harmed. I am just in awe of the brave soldiers who led this mission, and the successful outcome that occurred.

While this is wonderful news for our country and the world, and especially to the families and friends who lost loved ones on 9/11, this by no means will end terrorism. This will not put a sudden hault on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It doesn't mean we wrap things up and bring all the troops home this instant. Bin Laden's death was a huge triumph in the war against terror, but it certainly doesn't mean that we are now free from any future attacks. Our men and women in uniform are still needed to keep our country protected from those who are hellbent on doing us harm. Right now, though, I'd like to give a big shout out to those who are in the Armed Forces and doing everything in their power to keep our country safe. Thank you for your service!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day