Movies!

My Netflix account is no longer on hold, since all the shows I love to watch during the regular tv season have all had their finales. So today I got my first movie, Blue Valentine. It had such rave reviews before the Oscars, and was even nominated for a few, but although I liked it, I didn't see what the big deal was. I guess I'm just not movie critic material, I can't see what the reviewers loved so immensely about the film. lol The next movie in my queue is Valentine's Day. I hope that is good! I watched about 25 films, give or take, last summer through Netflix. I'm hoping I can watch that many again this summer before I put my account back on hold for the fall tv season!

Saturday, a few of my friends and I went to see Bridesmaids. I heard so many funny things about the movie, and I did think it was pretty hysterical! The entire theater was in stitches for most of the film. So, I thought it was worth going to see! I know my friends are going to want to see The Hangover 2, but I waited for Pay-Per-View to see that movie, and I'll wait to see the second version that way, too. I didn't love it as much as they did, so I don't want to really waste my money seeing it in the theater. Maybe, if they wanted to wait, I'd see it when it goes to the cheap theater. But, we'll see!

I have two movies I'm looking forward to this summer. The Help is based on a book I read last year (or maybe the year before), and it was a wonderful book! I saw the movie preview on Saturday, and read an article about it today, and already there is Oscar talk for a couple of actresses. The other movie I can't wait for is the final Harry Potter. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. If they aren't totally true to how the book ends, I will be extremely disappointed. Somehow I don't think they will steer clear from the book's ending, but I'll just have to wait and see it to find out how it all comes together!!

Comments

sunshine said…
I also just watched Bridesmaids and thought it was hilarious, next day I happen to hear that Wilson Phillips song on the radio and I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of the movie!
I am also looking forward to Harry Potter, I read all the books and it would be fun to finally give closure to the movies.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day