An Outing Tonight!

I am going out for coffee tonight with a bunch of friends. I am really looking forward to it! I haven't been to Starbucks in like 2 months, I think. I am craving a frappacino, YUM!! The funny thing about Starbucks, is that I think only one of my friends drinks coffee. So we say we're going for coffee, but we never drink it! Go figure!

I still have a bunch of money on my Starbucks card, which I acquired after the very DUMB and IGNORANT remarks from an employee there a year ago. We had gone one night for coffee, and I drove. Since it was so busy, there weren't many parking spots, so I opted for the handicap spot. Which is fine and dandy, since I have handicap license plates. So we all go in to Starbucks, and say hi to a couple friends who were already their waiting for us. In the commotion, I wasn't paying much attention to things being said, until I suddenly realized that all my friends were staring at me with big wide eyes. Erin said to me, "Did you hear what he said?" I looked behind the counter, and one of the guys working there was going on about something. So Erin said, "He just said 'Well if you are going to park in the handicap spot, you might as well walk in with a limp!'" I could NOT believe he had the nerve to say that!! Most of my friends wanted to kick his ass, and believe me, I felt like it, too!

However, when I went up to order something (I still think we should have left, but we didn't!), I said something to him about it. This was after Erin said something to him, too. I told him that first of all, it wasn't his business who parked there, he was there to make coffee, not to patrol the lot. I also told him that I am handicap, not that it was any of his business. And do you really think all handicap people have handicaps that are noticeable?? No, I don't think so!! He kept apologizing, but he wasn't sincere. I knew it because he would say, "I'm sorry, but I have to keep an eye out for those people." I just wanted to slap the dude!

Anyway, we all go have our "coffee," talking all about the incident and other things. A couple days later, I decide to make a little comment on Starbucks website. I complained about what happened, and told them where the location was that it happened at. I never expected anything, maybe an email. Well, a few days later, I got a call from someone at Starbucks' customer service center. We talked about the incident, and the girl apologized profusely for his behavior. I gave her more details about the location, and she told me the district manager would be calling me about him. I also was given some Starbucks coupons, and a $100 gift card! Whoo hooo! So, I still have quite a bit of money on it, which is nice! Anyway, I am hoping the district manager talked to the guy about what he said. I still can't believe he had the nerve to say that! However, he's not the only one I've come across who has made a comment about me parking in the handicap spot. At least I speak up and say something. Ignorant fool!! lol

By the way, it's been a while since I've seen the ignorant dude working. Hmmm......

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
People are so ignorant! I'm glad to hear Starbucks followed up with you on it. Makes me have a good impression about the company itself. What a jerk that guy was though. GRRrrr! ~ Lorihttp://journals.aol.com/fitzzer/PurpleSnapdragons Comment from fitzzer - 6/8/05 11:34 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day