Disappointing Sunday, Sort Of

I was supposed to hang out with Euan this afternoon. He had asked me last Monday about going to a movie or something this weekend. And when I talked to him last, on Wednesday, he told me he was really looking forward to getting together. I had a feeling I wouldn't be seeing him when I didn't hear from him since then. I finally got email from him this afternoon. He said he felt bad, but he didn't think he could make it for today to hang out. He is still having a rough time dealing with his grandmother's death, which was 2 weeks ago today. I feel bad for him, but I totally understand how it is when you lose someone you love. When my grandfather died, it took me years before I stopped crying every year on the anniversary of his death. My only small complaint is that I wish he could have called me to let me know he didn't feel up to hanging out. I spent half the day wondering if I'd hear from him, and then got his email in the afternoon. But at least I heard from him, I guess. It's better than not hearing from him at all.

I sort of feel like I'm being the most extremely patient person ever when it comes to Euan. It took almost 2 years for us to meet, and now it seems like it'll take another year for us to get together again. lol I feel like I'm being really unfair right now, though, because his grandmother really meant a awful lot to him. I know I need to give him time for him to deal with the loss of her, but at the same time, I really want to see him again. It's all so rather frustrating! I feel like I'm waiting and waiting, and I'm hoping that all my waiting won't be for nothing.

Although I didn't do what I originally wanted today, I did get a few things done around here. I finally cleaned all the fish bowls. I think the fish were going to stage a protest if I didn't soon. lol I also did some dishes. I read quite a bit of my book before falling asleep, and I chatted with my sister, Mandy. My poor little niece is sick, along with her mother. Hopefully they'll be better soon! I'm not into football at all, so any Superbowl activities were out for me. I am waiting to watch Strong Medicine on Lifetime, since it's the series finale. I'm sad that the show is ending!! So that's been my Sunday. I got a few things accomplished at least, so I'm happy about that!

Well, off to watch tv! :)

Comments

Hope your niece is feeling better. I'm so glad your medicine showed up. I can only imagine how frustrating it is sitting there wondering if it's going to get there or not.

Hugs, ~ Lori

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day