The Results Are In...

My father has prostate cancer. Now while this isn't the best news, it's not devastating, either. He had 6 biopsies done yesterday, and out of the 6, only one came back with cancerous cells. Which, to me, isn't so bad. He is supposed to go to his doctor on Friday to go over the results, and to find out what the next step will be. As far as I know, he'll probably have surgery. But I can't exactly say for sure. All I know is that it isn't as bad as it could be. And prostate cancer is very curable when it is detected early, so I have high hopes that my father will be ok.

Comments

I'm sending all my best wishes and thoughts your way. My grandfather has had problems with his too. I guess there are different degrees or something like that too? Sounds like they caught your dad's early so that's very good news. I know it's tough, but try not to worry too much. I'm sure he's in very good hands. Big hugs ~ Lori
showpig said…
I was diagnosed 5 years ago, which should tell you all you need to know. Even the post surgial recovery wasn't as bad as I had expected. I was 52 when diagnosed.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day