Three Little Words

I thought I'd write about three little words next week when it's Valentine's Day. But then I thought, these words don't have to just be said or heard one day out of the year. And they aren't necessarily meant just for significant others.

I love you.

These three little words are not often said enough to people. And I have come to realize that I don't say them often enough to the people I most love and cherish in this world: my family and my friends.

I've been trying to say I love you more to my family, especially. Like yesterday, when I was saying goodbye to my mom out the door after an afternoon of grocery shopping and spending time together. I opened the door again to yell out I love you before she got back into the van. And she turned around, smiled, and said I love you, too.

I know my family knows how much I love them. My friends know how much I truly care for them, but I never say that I love them. Why is that so awkward to say? I really don't hear anyone around me saying those three little words to the people they are with. Maybe it's an effort I'll have to make, although it might be a challenge, too. I really do love my friends a lot, they mean so much to me! So in this time and season of love coming up, I want them all to know that I love them, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day