Just Some Updates!

Geesh, how time does fly! I thought I had posted a lot sooner than last week, but I guess not. So, here are some updates!

*Friday: I spent a lot of the day sleeping and relaxing because I thought I was getting sick. But I guess I wasn't! My best friend, Eve, came home last weekend for her son's birthday. So we went to dinner on Friday night, and hung out at my house until my other best friend, Erin, called to see if we still wanted to go out. Of course we did! So we went to Shadow, the martini bar that we love. And it was a lot of fun! Erin had to go home about an hour and a half after we got there, but Eve and I stayed until closing. Which was at 3am. We didn't get back to my house until almost 3:30, and then I didn't go to bed until almost 5. I haven't done that in a looooooong time. However, with all the sleep I got Friday, I woke up around 10am on Saturday, and wasn't at all tired! Go figure!

*Saturday: As much as I wasn't tired, I spent the day inside, and did practically nothing. I did take cat naps, finished reading my book, and spent time on the computer. That was about it.

*Sunday: Eve's son, Brandon (my godson), had his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. He turned 5, which I can't believe! Time flies! Anyway, Erin and I were invited, as well as Erin's daughter, Sydney. She is one. It was a fun time, especially because I was with my two best friends, and their kids! Brandon wanted to go home immediately after he opened all his gifts, which is sooo unusual for a child. At least I think so anyway! We got home in the late afternoon, and I spent the rest of the day relaxing once again.

*Monday: I went out to Walmart and Target looking for Valentine's Day stuff for my sisters, Hailey, and Erin and Sydney. Walmart's Valentine aisle was a complete war zone, and I'm surprised I got out of there alive! I managed to get a variety of items, and then went off to Target to get a few more things. So that was good!

*Tuesday: Happy Valentine's Day! I was slacking a lot yesterday for most of the morning, but then I got myself in gear. I had a great workout, although I think I overdid something since my left leg near my hip hurts to walk. Ugh! I made homemade Valentine's, which took quite a while since I couldn't find the right clip art for some people that I wanted to use! But they turned out nice! My parents took my sister, Joan, and I out to dinner. We stopped at Mandy's house first, to give them Valentine's and to see Hailey. Then we ate at a buffet, which I think should be illegal! lol I was so stuffed by the time I got home, I just wanted to go right to bed!

So that's the update. Today I need to get stuff together for tutoring tonight. I am trying to help a little kindergartener learn his site words, counting, writing, etc. I worked with him last Wednesday, and boy is he a little stubborn thing. lol He didn't want to do anything, and I only worked with him for about 40 minutes. So we'll see how today goes!

Oh yes, my father had his biopsy yesterday. He will find out today or tomorrow at the latest whether he has prostate cancer or not. And if he does, what they will do for it. I hear it's very treatable if found early, which, if that's the case, it was detected early. So all I can do is wait and see, and pray that things will turn out ok!

Guess I better be off now, I need to shower and make my Bingo boards for tutoring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day