Loss of a Great Phriend

My heart is broken today. I found out last night that a dear phriend passed away unexpectedly yesterday afternoon. SueT, as she was known on the PH message boards, was a wonderfully kind person. She greeted every newbie on the board with kind words and thoughts, to let them know they had joined a great community, and that we were there for support. I never saw her write a bad thing toward anyone. She was just so incredibly caring towards every person, even if it was their first post. She called everyone "honey," and I found it very endearing!

It became apparent to me, in reading everyone's posts on the PH boards regarding Sue's passing, how much she touched all of our lives. I thought maybe Sue only sent very long, story-telling emails to just a few of us. I was so wrong! She sent those long emails to a huge majority of phriends, letting each of us get to know all about her. She loved her family dearly. She adored her two granddaughters! She had a passion for creating things, and wanted to help those who needed things done. She made sweatshirts for a fundraiser our dear Annette had a couple years ago. She helped another phriend with flower arrangement ideas for her wedding. Sue really did love her phriends, not only because we all shared the same illness and battles that go along with it. She loved them all genuinely with all her heart because she was such a good person.

Sue made a homemade birthday card for me back in September. She had attached a sunburst made with beads onto the card, which I did remove awhile after getting the card. Last night I really thought I had thrown that sunburst out, and I frantically searched for it. When I found it on my kitchen table, I started crying. I know it may sound silly, but I slept with that starburst under my pillow. I guess I am just really in shock that Sue is gone. It was not expected, not by her family and not even by her doctors. I hope they can figure out what went wrong. But in the meantime, Sue will never be forgotten, because she touched the hearts of so many people in her life. My prayers go out to her husband, and her daughter and two granddaughters. May they have the strength to get through this sad time.

Sue, please know how much you were loved, my phriend. We will all miss you very much!

Comments

Kristi said…
Colleen,
That was very nice what you wrote about Sue. Thankyou. Now I am crying again. Her passing has hit me hard. She was a wonderful lady.

Love
KristiV
Anonymous said…
Colleen,
You said that in such a wonderful way!!!
I am sure her family is in shock too...
What a lovely lady!!
She will be missed by her Phriends.
She is watching over us all now...
Take care and thx for the wonderful words.
Hugs,
Jen
I think it is nice you have that card she made you...I also had no idea she was in contact with so many others...we were all touched by her and will miss her so much. I keep thinking I will never talk to her again, or write to her or get one of her long letters. I still have some of her letters saved and I read them last week...it is just so strange she is no longer here with us.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day