My Dream Date!

Last Thursday was Valentine's Day, and the day after that, Judi happened to post the topic for February's Artsy Essay Contest! What a coincidence! So I've decided to write about my dream "date" that I had Valentine's Day evening for the contest!

He arrived around 8pm, with a dozen roses and a cute cartoon with his cartoon character, Diggedy, looking at a heart that said "Happy Valentine's Day xoxox Love." I smiled immediately, and thanked him for the sweet gifts. He asked me how my day was, and we chatted for a little while about my phriend who, I found out very shortly before he arrived, had passed away. He wanted to know a little about her, and I found it comforting that he cared enough to ask about someone who meant alot to me and he didn't even know. After a little while, I told him I didn't want to be a downer all evening, and asked where he was taking me. He told me he had several surprises lined up, and off we went to our first destination!

Our first stop was Times Square in NYC. He told me to meet him by the T.G.I.Fridays. It was quite the busy night! The street was bustling with pedestrians of all walks of life hurrying to get to their destination. He and I admired the sights and sounds, and watched a sea of yellow cabs zipping around to pick up customers or drop them off. The air was chilly, so we decided to go to the Hawaiian Tropic bar and restaurant to warm up and have a couple drinks. It was cozy in there, and we chatted over a cosmopolitan and a Samuel Adams. After awhile, we got a little restless, so he said it was off to our next stop!

We went back to Niagara Falls, and were delighted to see that the mighty waters were glowing pink for the holiday! Just standing there, holding hands, and hearing the roar of the water rushing down to the bottom, made us feel more connected. It is no wonder this place used to be the Honeymoon Capital of the world at one time. The Falls are purely magical and can bring bring loved ones together! He and I enjoyed the view for quite some time before he decided we needed to go somewhere more tropical!

The next stop was Cancun, Mexico! I am not exactly sure where we were, maybe by an airport or something, but it was definitely warmer! We sat by a huge replica of a guitar and watched the people passing by. He said he felt so comfortable being with me, and I said I felt the same way. Then he asked me if his shorts made him look too fat, and I had to laugh! He told me I was sexy in my tank top and long skirt, and I just smiled. After only a few minutes, he decided to take me somewhere even more romantic! And warm!

Within minutes we were in the Virgin Islands! This was definitely more tropical than Cancun! We walked a boardwalk, hand in hand, and there didn't seem to be too many people around for that time of night. We had the place to ourselves! I took advantage of that, and kissed him under a palm tree that was swaying slowly in the breeze. It was a rather wonderful kiss, and just stayed there for several moments before he said we were going to hop the pond and travel somewhere else!

We made it to London a bit later, and we were both shocked that it was rainy and dreary! Ha! Trafalgar Square was rather busy for the time of night we were there, or should I say very early morning (about 2:30am!). I got a little giddy at seeing a double decker bus, but he was disappointed that he missed it! He said he had an uncle in London, so I suggested we go visit. Despite my point that we traveled all this way, he said the idea was a bad one since his uncle is a rather grumpy fellow. Well then, no visiting then! Instead, we made our way to the next city!

The City of Love was the next stop, but sadly, Paris was foggy!! We could only see the bottom third of the Eiffel Tower, which was rather disappointing! He decided instead to head us on over the Champs-Elysees! Now that was better! Although it was almost 3:30am, we took a slow, leisurely walk (promenade?) down the street, admiring the lights and the busyness for that time of night. We walked all the way to the Arc de Triomphe, and just looked with amazement at the beauty of that structure. It was quite breathtaking! We admired for some before he said he had two more cities to take me, and we were off to the next one!

Rome was on the agenda after Paris, and there really wasn't anyone around to get in our way of "roaming" the streets. Hehe! The Coliseum was intriguing in the darkness, seeming one hundreds time bigger than it really is. We wandered the city looking at the architecture, sensing the oldness of the pavement and the history that abounded there. Many places were really too dark to see, so we made our way to the final city he had on his list!

Out of all the cities we journeyed thru on our wonderful Valentine's Day evening, the last one was my favorite! Not only was it the middle of the day, but it was also actually the next day! We were in Sydney Harbour, and it was bustling with activity!! Traffic was flowing on the highways, the harbour was alive with all sizes of vessels traveling to and fro, and the skies were clear and bright and full of gulls! Seeing the Opera House right on the water was amazing and absolutely beautiful! He and I just sat and watched the scene for what seemed like hours before we finally decided to head back home!

He brought me back to the home, and we both agreed that despite going to so many amazing places, the best part about it was that we got to travel together. We also realized how much sharing the sites and sounds together made us feel closer, and really appreciate the fact that we have found each other! Our "dream" date was one of the best Valentine's Days I've had in a very very long time. I just love the fact that I have a boyfriend who is so creative and brings us together even when we are apart, with just the click of a mouse!

By the way, you can also "travel" our route by clicking on the following links below:





Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day