Oh Crap

My mom called me a little bit ago. Kim, my housemate, won't be my housemate in a month. She gave my mom her 30-day notice. I guess since she isn't sure she'll have a teaching job for next year, she is just going to move back to her parents' house in Ransomville (the boonies, some people around here call it). This really sucks. I liked her, she was actually paying rent, and on time!

I wouldn't really worry about this too much if it weren't for the fact that my mom isn't the best at being a landlord. She doesn't do things so she won't get trampled all over by a tenant, like the one we had last year, Joseph. Never asked for a background check, never asked for a security deposit. She didn't with Kim, either, despite the fact that my best friend's husband is Kim's cousin. I've never heard of a landlord not asking for at least a security deposit! Anyway, I could vent on and on, but I need to get myself ready to go have FUN tonight. This is already stressing me out!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry about your housemate..Hope you get a wonderful new one.
Sounds like your MOm is a very good landlord..LOL for the tenant at least..Hope you enjoyed your night out.
Love and hugs,
Jen
BTW I am still a red head today..LOL
Since you are living with the person, ask your mom if you can interview and pick the person yourself...are you affiliated with a church...a good place to advertise...good luck :)
Annette said…
I'm so sorry about the housemate situation, sweetie. But, I have to tell you how incredibly proud I am of you! When I saw the title of this blog entry, "Oh Crap!" I just couldn't help but think, "That's my girl! She knows just the right phrase to get her point across!!
Annette
(you're proud "crap momma!"

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day